New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Say, the 2.4 Alphard and the Ecoboost Explorer? They are in the same ballpark price-wise.

In terms of performance -- power, handling, responsiveness. Are they not underpowered? Better consider the next engine displacement up?
    How about comfort and ride? Fuel consumption, reliability and maintenance cost?

Mostly driven alone or with 2-3 passengers mostly city-driving.

Thanks for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
    Say, the 2.4 Alphard and the Ecoboost Explorer? They are in the same ballpark price-wise.

In terms of performance -- power, handling, responsiveness. Are they not underpowered? Better consider the next engine displacement up?
    How about comfort and ride? Fuel consumption, reliability and maintenance cost?

Mostly driven alone or with 2-3 passengers mostly city-driving.

Thanks for the inputs.
    Looking at your use and most of your prioroties, the Explorer Ecoboost seems more apt. On reliability and maintenance cost, i think Alphard has an edge...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With such requirements, a midsize sedan or a powerful CUV will fit the bill since you won't be needing the space and size daily. The Legacy GT or Mazda6 or Accord will be comfortable enough and no slouch in performance. If you want extra luggage space, space for 5, plus proven performance, the Forester XT will do. If you need seats for 7 people plus good performance, the 4x2 Mazda CX9 is one heck of a bargain for its price.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Alphard owner here, if you like to be driven around then the Alphard is for you. The ottoman 2nd row chairs are one of the most comfiest chairs fitted to any vehicle I tried. Maliit lang the price difference between the 2.4 and 3.5 and for me parang hirap the 2.4 pulling the Alphard.

In your case, it seems that the Explorer is more suited to your requirements.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    from what you said, I think the Explorer is the one that suits you

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you're going to be chauffeured then alphard, if you're going to be the one driving then the explorer. the ecoboost feels more powerful in city driving compared to the limited.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the inputs. It does look the Explorer is more suitable.

Re the Mazda CX9, how's the fuel consumption vs the Explorer Ecoboost?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007

I don't know how true, a friend told me that the average FC of the CX9 is around 3.7km/liter.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I don't know how true, a friend told me that the average FC of the CX9 is around 3.7km/liter.
    Your friend might be wearing steel belted shoes. Kidding! ;)

My personal experience with CX9 4x2 AT after more than 12Tkm mileage:
    5 km per liter city bumper-to-bumper traffic
    8 km per liter highway

I am heavy footed and normally on race mode if there's opportunity. I like the sweet tone of it's V6 engine when revved high.

3.7 liter engine, baka yun yung binanggit ng friend mo?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009

As mentioned above, for CX9 4x2 AT, 5kpl city b2b traffic, 8kpl highway with my heavy foot.

Price diff between this and Ford EcoBoost is around P300+k if I'm not mistaken. That's equivalent to several years and liters of gas money.

Anyone who can share actual FC for EcoBoost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast