New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    With the a 20k price difference, which would you choose for your wife?
    Budget is around 630k

1) Fuel Consumption
    2) Cost of Ownership
    3) Safety
    4) Comfort
    5) Rear & front seat space
    6) Bling's
    7) Durability

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^

Sa price na yan mas ok ang brio.....

same engine sa previous jazz/city 1.3

So durability sure ka na - check

Fuel consumption matipid same engine sa jazz - check

Cost of ownership - check - napakamura imaintain 1.3 engine. Ex. Air filter sa casa around 800 (thailand). Sa banawe mas lalo mura 300-550 either made in korea, china or thailand din.

Yung safety, comfort, space, bling - hindi ko na alam.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    Budget is around 630k

1) Fuel Consumption
    2) Cost of Ownership
    3) Safety
    4) Comfort
    6) Bling's
    7) Durability
    none of them have fatal or deal-breaker qualities, po.
    you should try them out.
    sometimes, all the positive attributes are downed out by "owner/driver doesn't feel comfortable inside".

i have a wigo. i chose it because it was a toyota, for all the real and imagined advantages attributed therein. after over 3 years, no issue whatsoever. except... matagtag siya. my basis for comparison is the old altis, so it's not a fair comparison.

if the new model is vvti, that may better its fuel-sipping qualities.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    Budget is around 630k

1) Fuel Consumption
    2) Cost of Ownership
    3) Safety
    4) Comfort
    6) Bling's
    7) Durability
    IMO,
    1. FC = Wigo and Mirage at at par with each other.
    2. CO = I think almost same price level. In the long run of maintenance toyota will get a little advantage.
    3. Safety = Same
    4. Comfort = try a test drive from dealer
    5. Bling = same
    6. durability = well it depends on your preventive maintenance habit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You should consider the Celerio. IMHO, best option for under 600k, aside from the Mirage GLX MT.

1) Fuel Consumption

Nobody knows yet. The VVTi system should improve the previous Wigo's so-so fuel economy (so-so compared to the Celerio and Mirage, mind you). But if it's still the same 4-speed automatic, don't hold your breath. The GLX CVT and the Celerio CVT are much, much, much better.

2) Cost of Ownership

All of these three-cylinder cars are cheap to maintain. Just did 10k service for the Mirage for under 5k. And that's with fully synthetic oil and typically expensive casa labor.

The Celerio is the most economical, by far... though I have yet to get my hands on a new Wigo to test. The Wigo, in my testing, was not as good as the Celerio or Mirage on the highway, but not awful in traffic. The Wigo's issues before were not specifically because of the lack of variable valve timing. The Suzuki K-series, is, as far as I recalled, not equipped with variable valve timing. The Wigo's issue is more the boxy body and old 4AT. (I struggled to pass 20 km/l on the highway with that box).

The Mitsubishi has variable valve timing... and it is more economical than the Toyota (I drive one), but the older CVT was not as good as Suzuki's. I have yet to drive the new Mirage CVT. That said, even the old CVT on the Mirage could break 26 km/l if you babied it on the highway.

3) Safety

Mirage is 5-stars on ANCAP. Celerio is 4-stars. Wigo has not been tested on ANCAP, but has 4-stars on ASEAN NCAP, for frontal protection only.

4) Comfort / 5) Rear & front seat space

All are on the matagtag side. Mirage has the best back seat. Celerio has better front seats. Both Wigo and Mirage have good elbow and legroom. Celerio has slightly less of both but has the best headroom in the class.

Celerio has the best trunk.

6) Bling

Celerio gives you the most for your money with the 1.0 CVT, with touch screen, foglights and alloys for 569k. Haven't heard the revised Toyota system, but in comparison to the old Wigo G with touchscreen and the Mirage, the Celerio has the best sounds.

Toyota is more expensive, at 599k for the G with all of that. But again, 4-speed auto, which is a big disadvantage in terms of economy in traffic versus the CVTs. If you really want a Toyota, seriously, get the 5-MT.

Mirage, you do get most of that (sans foglights) with the GLX CVT, which finally gets a touchscreen like the GLS, but at an eye-watering 610k. Mitsubishi always offers big discounts, though, so ask before you buy. Do note, that even if you get it discounted to the 580k range (it's possible, depending on whether the dealer is chasing a sales quota), the GLX still doesn't come with foglamps. Also, the remote keyless kind of sucks.

7) Durability

Have heard of minor annoying things for both the Mirage and Wigo... Celerio, not so much, but I don't doubt there are the usual niggles. I would go for the Suzuki, on this one. That K-series engine is a great workhorse.

-

Yeah, Suzuki fanboy... but we got the Mirage for its superior back seat, and the extra power is a nice bonus, though both the Celerio and Wigo handle better.

Can't go very wrong with any of these cars, but IMHO, I don't see any point in spending the extra money for the GLX CVT or the G 4AT over the Suzuki, whose CVT is better than Mitsu's and far better than the 4AT of Toyota. If we're talking MT to MT, fair game. I might still go for the Mitsu or the Toyota, given the right deals.
    Last edited by niky; May 15th, 2017 at 01:36 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the logic might be there.
    but the blind loyalty to the T marquee, is very strong in me.... like the force!

and yes, even in the showroom, the mirage does have superior seating over the wigo, front and rear.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 16th, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    We have a Mirage. After 4 years, I can say it has a good ride, fuel consumption and nice features.

Cons:
    noisy compressor.
    shaky engine.
    stupid headunit (takes forever to react)
    my CV joint is broken yet the CV boot is intact and is P 26,000 to replace
    my starter was included in the recall which took them 6-7 agonizing months to replace

CVT is both a pro and a con.

Had i knew then what I know now, we would have gone Vios gen 2.5 1.3G AT or Mazda 2 R 1.5 AT or one of those late 1st gen Yaris AT na lang sana (it was circa 2013).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    We have a Mirage. After 4 years, I can say it has a good ride, fuel consumption and nice features.

Cons:
    noisy compressor.
    shaky engine.
    stupid headunit (takes forever to react)
    my CV joint is broken yet the CV boot is intact and is P 26,000 to replace
    my starter was included in the recall which took them 6-7 agonizing months to replace

CVT is both a pro and a con.

Had i knew then what I know now, we would have gone Vios gen 2.5 1.3G AT or Mazda 2 R 1.5 AT or one of those late 1st gen Yaris AT na lang sana (it was circa 2013).
    interesting that the cv joint failed but the boot was ok. could it be the cvt joint grease wasnt enough? isolated case?

the 1.2L mivec and cvt.. has little torque to damage that cv joint imo.

localization of this model will help ease the pain of spare parts availability

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    interesting that the cv joint failed but the boot was ok. could it be the cvt joint grease wasnt enough? isolated case?

the 1.2L mivec and cvt.. has little torque to damage that cv joint imo.

localization of this model will help ease the pain of spare parts availability

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Kahit ako nagtataka. Eto una namin kotse na ganun. saka assembly ang parts, unlike some cars na driver and pass side ang CV joint. Eto isang buo. hahaha!

Kaya tiis tiis na lang muna. pag mura na parts. ingat na lang sa maniobra at u turn muna hahaha!

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    How about New Wigo G AT vs GLS CVT Mirage hatch the price difference is 100k+
    who has a higher ground clearance?
    is the 100k+ difference worth it

Auto-climate vs Manual Aircon
    Coil Spring With Stabilizer vs None
    1.2 vs 1.0 engine displacement
    CVT vs 4 Speed???
    15 vs 14 inch alloy wheel
    others?

di ko alam what wigo g a.t. does have that gls don't have, maybe child lock? not sure whether mirage has that
    referring to the brochure that they have

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast