New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    I guess that sums up my experience.
    My comments may be on the extreme but surprisingly a lot of Carnival owners do have similar problems. I have another car, a Cefiro, where I just changed the spark plugs for the first time...after 5 years.

I hope this helps.
    Changed the spark plugs for the first time just after 5 years? out of curiousity, what kind of spark plug is that?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pardon my ignorance here. But, isn't the Sedona and Carnival one and the same?

Just wondering because we're also planning to buy a minivan (newborn daughter made the decision for us). We're still deciding whether it's better to buy a brand new Kia Sedona (244hp V6 of course) or a 2nd-hand/low-mileage (2006 and up) Honda Odyssey/Toyota Sienna.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't like the Carnival either. I feel that the build quality of the Carens is way better than the Carnival. Better plastics, better exterior design.

Between the Grandis and the Serena. It is a toss up. The Grandis will have a more comfortable seating positions because it is wider than a Serena. But I like sliding doors for a van especially when you have kids.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papalord View Post
    Changed the spark plugs for the first time just after 5 years? out of curiousity, what kind of spark plug is that?
    They are NGK Platinum spark plugs. They are standard issue on the Cefiro.
    Actually, I didn't need to change them but I did anyway. I found out it was my fuel filter and idle air control valve that needed service. These platinum plugs cost about PHP 500/each and they really last. FYI, the Grandis uses
    Iridium spark plugs (costs slightly less than platinum plugs) and is supposed to last longer than platinum plugs. During the 10K Kms. service for the Grandis, the service rep said that the plugs don't need to be changed until 100K kms.
    which is the same for platinum.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Excuse me sirs, how improved is the previous gen Sedona(02-06model) over the previous gen Carnival (99-02model)?

May time pa naman na gusto ibenta ng mom ko yung Adventure namen para sa Carnival na 01-02 model lang...Buti na lang kontra si dad...Hehehe ako todo back-up pa sa Kia dati thought it already belonged to the "Improved" korean category kong matatawag. Di pa pala. How about the previous gen Sedona? Is it that as bad?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i dont like the Carnival bec. it's Kia.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebauer View Post
    i dont like the Carnival bec. it's Kia.
    Thought because you ride a Hyundai

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sa Grandis siguro ako. I dunno, it just looks the best of the lot. Yun nga lang medyo talo nang kaunti sa interior space.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi guys,

thanks for the reply.

I decided to get the carnival already...

grandis has been phased out BY MMC

Serena is overpriced for a facelifted van (since I previously own a serena)... and since we experienced some quality problem, we decided not to get a new serena.

btw, the kia carnival is the same with kia sedona and hyundai entourage..

so yung mga maka hyundai dyan, its a rebadge hyundai in the US.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kung maka-Hyundai ka maka-Kia ka rin. Hyundai owns Kia. That's been the fact for at least seven years already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
All New Carnival, 2008 Nissan Serena or Mitsubishi Grandis?