New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'm currently on the look for a midsize sedan.

3 choices are Optima, Camry 2.5 G and Sonata Premium.
    Resale value is not much concern for me since I'm sure that midsize sedans prices depreciate more, compared to compact / subcompact sedans, and I plan to use this car for a long time.

Question is, should I go for the tried and tested Camry, the all new Optima that has a plethora of features, or the Sonata which
    has proven itself to be a good competitor for its Japanese rivals.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Optima because its all new and has alot of features.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    wag na yung bagong camry... parang kasi lumiit eh.. hindi na sya mukhang luxurious...

sonata premuim na lang or optima... but if i were in your shoes, i'll choose the newly released model para bagong bago tingnan hehehe.. yung tipong iilan pa lang kayo meron

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    wag na yung bagong camry... parang kasi lumiit eh.. hindi na sya mukhang luxurious...

sonata premuim na lang or optima... but if i were in your shoes, i'll choose the newly released model para bagong bago tingnan hehehe.. yung tipong iilan pa lang kayo meron
    Thanks. Actually yan din ang iniisip ko. "All New" kasi yung Optima which makes it a bit rare. Although hindi rin ganoon karami ang Sonata sa kalye.
    Parang bare kasi ang Camry, kaya ko lang na consider yan dahil sabi ng mga friends ko safe choice daw. Risky daw ang Sonata / Optima.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Based on what you've written, you're going to use the car for a long time and care not for resale value.

Get the Camry na. Pag lumuma yung kotse, wala na ring magsasabi na "O Porma ng car mo." What is important is hassle-free reliability.

I'm not saying that the Sonata and the Optima are less reliable than the Camry. But what's sure is that the platform under the current Camry is a modified variant of the 2007 Camry platform - which means any major issues should already have been resolved already. That, and Toyota has a better track record with the Camry than Hyundai and Kia have with the Sonata and Optima. (Not that the track record accounts for much given you're comparing past vs present, but the fact that they've been doing better for longer amounts to something.)

Although -- Why are you looking at the Sonata Premium and not the Camry V? Halos same price range na rin yun. You get the leather seats too.
    Last edited by mda; July 5th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i've ridden both the sonata and optima while i was in korea. between the two, i'd rather have the sonata. better interior (subjective), and better NVH.

for the new camry, cant comment.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For decades, the japanese are always competing with the germans in terms of building comfortable and efficient saloon cars. In the past, the Toyota Crown was even considered as the "Mercedes Benz" of Japan. Up until now, that competition is still there (re: Lexus).

Nothing beats an old-timer when it comes to build experience. Which is why after Mercedes Benz, Toyota comes a close second on my list.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I haven't driven the new camry but I already rode in one. Medyo sporty yung looks ngayon and mas ok siya para sa akin. Compare sa sonata and optima I'd pick Camry

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

I thought the previous Camry has more of the sporty look compared to the present one.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yup, looks sporty outside. But inside, looks like a corolla. :D

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Optima ako. That is one bad ass looking car! You get all the goodies present in the Sonata at an even lower price. I don't know why some people don't like the Optima's interior. I find it very sporty and masculine, yet still exuding elegance at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast