New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ^^wala pang nakakalam exactly kung whats the FC of the fiesta...kasi wala pang owner na nakakakuha ng mga units nila...

BTW....you also might want to consider the upcoming Hyundai accent/verna..
    Sorry for the OT

Pero meron na ba bro loco ?

I mean ... parang may " planned launching date " na ba ?

And, eto ba iyon ... ?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My vote is for the Toyota Yaris.
    Why would you pick a Yaris over a Fiesta?? I am curious. Having driven both and soon to own both the Fiesta is the unanimous winner. The Yaris has several advantages over a Fiesta namely a taller headroom in the 2nd row and a slightly roomier legroom in the 2nd row but that's really about it... And of course the price, but then you're getting a lesser car...

*michgenn_10

Yaris FC on my experience is a very good 13km/L... No idea on the Fiesta pero sa US EPA estimated mas mataas ang highway ng Fiesta sa Yaris pero city mileage pareho lang... Must be the 1.6L engine and the 6 speed DCT that helped its highway mileage...

What Fiesta has the Yaris does not. A LOT!

First of all the Fiesta is way more fun to drive. More composed, more sharp, much less fake. The EPS of the Yaris feels so dull and fake. Atsaka mas matagtag ang yaris kaysa Fiesta. EVen with the Fiesta's sport tuned suspenion mas smooth parin sya...

Second, goodies like bluetooth and voice command. USB is standard. Yaris is AUX only. Trip computers, fuel computers are all standard in the Fiesta. And that very cool multi-info display in the center. Tells you a lot of info and warnings...

Third and the most important of all is the Powertrain itself. You get a 1.6L engine with 120HP and 151NM of torque pair that with a 6 speed dual clutch tranny that drives like an automatic but ang swabe sobra ng shifting walang shift shock and as one of the test drivers at the Fiesta thread noted you would;t even realized it shifted unless you look at the tachometer. The Yaris has the 1.5L 1NZ-FE. 107HP and 142Nm of torque and madted with a typical 5 speed manual or an old school 4 speed automatic. But to be fair to the Yaris, I still feel it has the better low end torque. The Fiesta likes to rev or so it felt when I test driven it. Maybe the particular unit was always revved and the ECU has adjusted to that style...

Fourth, the Fiesta just looks better. Euro hot hatch talaga!
    Last edited by tidus1203; October 3rd, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sorry for the OT

Pero meron na ba bro loco ?

I mean ... parang may " planned launching date " na ba ?

And, eto ba iyon ... ?

No its not that renz, that's a facelifted version of the current model.

Its this...

Pero para sakin I still prefer the Fiesta over the Verna in both interior and exterior looks. Kaya di ko na hinintay yang Verna na yan...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd vote for the Fiesta. Before, I would always consider the Yaris because it offered really good value for money in the sense that it had all the necessary features but was almost 100k less than its only competitor back then, the Jazz.

Now, the Fiesta comes in, and kills 2 birds with one stone - if you want a price competitor to the Yaris, get the 766k Style. It's still got the DSG and 1.6, and that's all the Fiesta really needs. If you have a little to burn but don't want to shell out a little more for a compact (i.e. need a Jazz-beater), get the top of the line 816k variant (what's it called?). That said, I still think the Jazz looks better inside and out, but I'd pick the Fiesta over it.

OT: Why is it that people here recommend the Jazz when a low-end compact is about the same price? I'm missing something here. Case in point, 1.5 Jazz vs 1.8V Civic or 1.6G Corolla.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    newbie lang po, sakin for the wife, I will vote for a hatch, maganda sya lahat ma yaris, mazda2, fiesta, swift, jazz man sya, sa showroom my wife fell in love sa jazz, hindi na sya nag dalawang isip over city or civic, add ko rin po na first car namin to at wife ko yung gumagamit nung kotse....

*jut703 regarding sa OT question, tingin ko its a matter of choice, low end compact or high end sub compact, tulad ng case ko its wife's choice naman wala na kong magagawa sya naman gagamit he he...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    suzuki jimny para sa wife para mataas

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    suzuki jimny para sa wife para mataas
    Maawa ka naman sa wife nya, the Jimny is quite uncivilized...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Why would you pick a Yaris over a Fiesta?? I am curious. Having driven both and soon to own both the Fiesta is the unanimous winner. The Yaris has several advantages over a Fiesta namely a taller headroom in the 2nd row and a slightly roomier legroom in the 2nd row but that's really about it... And of course the price, but then you're getting a lesser car...
    I think you just mentioned why the Toyota Yaris is a better buy.

Price for price, if you are matching the Yaris * P766T and the Fiesta * P766T, there isn't much difference. You have to go to the top of the line Fiesta * P816T to get a much better "package".

Women don't really see cars the same way men do. They are more on the practical side of the car. Enough room inside, easy on the gas, looks cute, etc.

Men would see cars like a computer, technical specs first like the 6-Speed A/T shifter, the more powerful 1.6L engine, handles like the bigger Focus, etc.

The Fiesta has also smaller a much smaller maximum cargo area than the Yaris which would make it less flexible or practical.

Fiesta Seat up = 294.5 L
    Fiesta Seat folded down = 965.6 L

Yaris Seat up = 272 L
    Yaris seat folded down = 1,580 L

Anyway, my gut feel on the Ford Fiesta is that it will be more expensive to maintain overall than the Toyota Yaris.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The red Vios 1.3E AT sounds like a perfect choice for this.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Fair enough GH. But not all woman are the same din so let them see for themselves and do their own test drive. The Yaris by the way does not fold 60:40 and to be honest that sucks and is a major complaint about it. The Fiesta splits 60:40 but then its not flat... And in terms of looks, I am sure the Fiesta will also appeal to a woman's tatse...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Advice pls! which car to give for my wife as aniv. gift