New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i agree with mbt..the jimny is too small for me and the backseat is coupe cramped..kung ikaw lang mag-isa parati pwede na rin siguro, mataas pa resale.. getz is bigger, seats 4 in comfort but resale is low.. your heart says jimny your mind says getz...follow your heart and your mind will follow..parang yoda ehehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ingat kayo sa service ng HYUNDAI ALABANG! Dun galing ang STAREX namin pero sa HYUNDAI MAKATI kami nagpapa service. PAGKAKABIT LANG NG PLATE DI ALAM NG TECHNICIAN NILA. NASIRA BACK PANEL NG STAREX NAMIN DAHIL SA KANILA. PERO OK NA NGAYON KASI INAYOS SA MAKATI. INGAT KAYO SA HYUNDAI ALABANG. SA MAKATI OK ANG SERVICE KAHIT INDI SA KANILA KINUHA ANG UNIT. MAALAGA SILA DUN. ANG SERVICE ADVISOR KO AY SI OLIVER.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I had 1 Suzuki Samurai Limited Edition 4x4, sold it, and promised myself never to buy anything Suzuki again. yes it's true, their airconditioning sucks as far as my Suzuki is concerned, even the electricals, the bouncy & "locally-assembled owner-type jeep-like" ride and their after sales support (by Philhino). I believe that Suzuki is carried by GM Autoworld now. but with what we have experienced recently on GM's after-sales on my dad's van, no thanks.

it seems that this jimny is an improved version of the older Suzuki Samurai. but to me, no more 2nd chance for this brand, even if it's japanese.

regarding the getz, i've seen it in WTC, and it looks so cute and adorable, just like the picanto. but, it's like buying a shitsu dog to guard your house. if you're going back & forth to cavite, I doubt if this car can effectively brave the elements -> passing different towns/cities, riding side by side with delivery trucks (cavite to manila routes), and of course, road conditions that is as unique as every town/city mayor budget.
    Last edited by oldblue; May 23rd, 2005 at 03:43 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    Kung papayagan lang ako ng tatay ko i-swap ang Ford Escape ko sa Brand New Suzuki JIMNY..di na ako magdadalawang isip pa.
    really!?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shybabe
    Mga tsikoteer gurus, need your help. :propose:

I recently accepted a job offer from a company based in Cavite. I live in Q.C. and plan to drive to and from work hence the decision to buy my own set of wheels. I've narrowed down my choice to a second hand 2004 Suzuki Jimny and a BN Hyundai Getz (both AT).
    Depends on your priorities.

Well, most people would say to get the Jimny because of its 4wd capability, high ground clearance, etc. But do you really need that? You will be compomising ride quality & comfort in exchange for something that you wouldn't even be using.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    jimny nalang, rainy season is fast approaching, u need a car that can go through floods

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shybabe
    It's good to know na marami palang aftermarket parts yung Suzuki! And I agree, I really like how it looks. :inlove:

Talaga merong 450K?? Yung 558K: AT with 1,500KM mileage. Kung AT rin sha, any way I can get a contact no, Jeepcruizerph?
    I am sorry babe, nakita ko lang dati sa car finder last two months pa ata yon

mas maganda talaga ang jimny any given day laging handa para kang girlscout

kahit yung crosswind xto ko pagpapalit ko sa jimny...sabi nga ni Kiper basta papayag lang si erpats hehehe
    Last edited by Jeepcruizerph; May 23rd, 2005 at 10:17 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kung may 500 ka naman cash konti na lang yung financing para sa bnew Jimny, di ba? Kung yun talaga ang gusto mo... Wala ka pa problema sa warranty.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ey salamat sa mga replies! Touched ako.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    btw, between a short wheelbase and long wheel base vehicle ill go for sa long wheelbase, para mas comfortable.

vitara is just a lil bit longer than the jimny, by standards its still small
    Mojo, what is the engine capacity of a Vitara? Is it 1.3 like Jimny? With the price of gas nowadays, ok sana kung as fuel efficient as possible yung bilhin ko. I was figuring how much I'd spend on gas and toll once I start on my new job at Cavite and.. gasp.. mga Php400+!

Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i think the getz would be more comfortable on long drives... the jimny is tiny and incredibly cramped inside and the ride is a bit choppy as far as i recall from riding in one. comparatively, the getz is much roomier and is easier to drive, and i'd bet, more fun to drive.

if i were you, i'd get the jimny though, unless you need the space. at the end of the day, i'd think that the getz is just a so-so entry-level car, while the jimny offers something else (off-roading ability, and darned good at that) to me
    ..and tebs said rin that Getz depreciates instantaneously. Will I really be compomising ride quality & comfort with Jimny? I'm currently driving a Vios. Before that oldsmobile and chevy sedans. As Jimny is all truck based will I have trouble handling this 4x4? Yikes, I got the impression that Jimny is easy to drive and easy to park pa nga :question:

Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    anything to help

(1) the a/c of the jimny is just right since maliit lang cabin space niya. imo, mas weak pa sa vitara and samurai (tagatak pawis pag trail kami ni tito ko), (2) siguro max speed ko dun 100km/h..have driven it up to 120-130 pero medyo scary na..generally, suvs have a higher center of gravity..so, just dont turn fast at high speed. tip lang. hehe ride, like what the others stated, is a bit bumpy pero bearable.. (3) hmmm..mechanic? what i would do is makipagkaibigan (like you are not one right now? tsikoteer ka na e ) sa mga tsikoteers and 4x4ph-ers preferably with the suzuki club and vitara club tapos pasama ka sa kanila. hth
    Hehe. Thanks, caloyski5! Your inputs have been very helpful! Has your sis ever heard of Nicolo from a shop located at 141 Maginhawa Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City? I got his name from the net and apparently he's experienced with Suzukis and Jimnys in particular..

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    I had 1 Suzuki Samurai Limited Edition 4x4, sold it, and promised myself never to buy anything Suzuki again. yes it's true, their airconditioning sucks as far as my Suzuki is concerned, even the electricals, the bouncy & "locally-assembled owner-type jeep-like" ride and their after sales support (by Philhino). I believe that Suzuki is carried by GM Autoworld now. but with what we have experienced recently on GM's after-sales on my dad's van, no thanks.

it seems that this jimny is an improved version of the older Suzuki Samurai. but to me, no more 2nd chance for this brand, even if it's japanese.

regarding the getz, i've seen it in WTC, and it looks so cute and adorable, just like the picanto. but, it's like buying a shitsu dog to guard your house. if you're going back & forth to cavite, I doubt if this car can effectively brave the elements -> passing different towns/cities, riding side by side with delivery trucks (cavite to manila routes), and of course, road conditions that is as unique as every town/city mayor budget.
    Thanks for your comments oldblue. I always like to get both sides of the story first (the good and the bad hehe) so that I can make an informed decision. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepcruizerph
    I am sorry babe, nakita ko lang dati sa car finder last two months pa ata yon

mas maganda talaga ang jimny any given day laging handa para kang girlscout

kahit yung crosswind xto ko pagpapalit ko sa jimny...sabi nga ni Kiper basta papayag lang si erpats hehehe
    Haha.. girlscout ba.. with cookies eh no? Hehe bad joke. Salamat sa pics! Drool worthy indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Kung may 500 ka naman cash konti na lang yung financing para sa bnew Jimny, di ba? Kung yun talaga ang gusto mo... Wala ka pa problema sa warranty.
    The_wildthing, ayoko po kasi mag financing as much as possible. Parang I don't want to spend beyond my means.. ayoko rin kasing may tinatanggal sa salary ko every month eh. Appreciate the suggestion though. : )

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    compared to a getz, the jimny is not that comfortable.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Advice needed: 2004 Jimny or Hyundai Getz?