New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    CBU means "Completely Built-up Unit" hmmm pwede kayang 450k yan?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron akong nakita dati sa ads, 02 ata or 03 na jimny manual, 400k lang.

lahat ng jimny na binebenta ng casa, CBU. kaya walang effect to sa mga bibili dapat. coz wala namang ibang choice e

my choice would be jimny. all truck based (yes, jimny is truck based, kahit maliit yan, matibay yan) will hold its value longer.

you could get a brand new getz for that money, but once you get it on the road, the car depreciates instantaneously. i know that the peace of mind that a brand new car gives it's owner, but you could also bring a trusted mechanic to inspect a 2nd hand vehicle or check for its history.

well, that's just me

choose what you like and what suits your needs, coz you'll be using that vehicle for a period of time

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Trucks have longer shelf lives, are built out of tougher stuff (for off-road use), and don't go out of style (think LC60 and GEN I Pajero).

CBU means it took a boat from Japan to the Philippines. In short, it is not locally assembled.

I'd go with the Jimny. Kung kulang sa luggage space, pwede naman mag-trailer. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the getz would be more comfortable on long drives... the jimny is tiny and incredibly cramped inside and the ride is a bit choppy as far as i recall from riding in one. comparatively, the getz is much roomier and is easier to drive, and i'd bet, more fun to drive.

if i were you, i'd get the jimny though, unless you need the space. at the end of the day, i'd think that the getz is just a so-so entry-level car, while the jimny offers something else (off-roading ability, and darned good at that) to me

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    jimny, jimny, jimny. kung kulang sa luggage space.....tingin ko kulang din naman ang getz, but it will definitely outlast the getz in my opinion, plus the advantage of having a higher ground clearance(for floods) and 4wd

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    trailer? wag na, dagdag registration lang yan! kabit mo na lang ng roof rack

pag di ginagamit roof rack, tanggal. pag expected na lalagyan ng maraming gamit, kabit ulit! hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tebs,

Walang rehistro ang trailer ko (kolorum!). Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shybabe
    Thanks for the quick response calyski5! I've yet to actually view the unit but I'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind when I do. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions since you have one in the family pala. (1) I've heard the A/C of Suzuki is kinda weak, any problems with your Sis'? (2) Is the Jimny ok at high spped? Some warned me about its center of gravity (?).. said it could overturn at highspeed? (3) Do you know of any mechanic I can hire to checkout the unit?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    anything to help ;)

(1) the a/c of the jimny is just right since maliit lang cabin space niya. imo, mas weak pa sa vitara and samurai (tagatak pawis pag trail kami ni tito ko), (2) siguro max speed ko dun 100km/h..have driven it up to 120-130 pero medyo scary na..generally, suvs have a higher center of gravity..so, just dont turn fast at high speed. tip lang. hehe ride, like what the others stated, is a bit bumpy pero bearable.. (3) hmmm..mechanic? what i would do is makipagkaibigan (like you are not one right now? tsikoteer ka na e ) sa mga tsikoteers and 4x4ph-ers preferably with the suzuki club and vitara club tapos pasama ka sa kanila. hth
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    CBUs.

before pag may bagong model iintroduce sa philippine market, usually first 100 units are CBU units from japan, Means, complete Japanese version ng Jimny mga ito,

now after that initial batches, may local parts requirement ang Government natin sa mga local assemblers or manufactures, like say 40% ng kotse got to have local manufactured parts, local made tires, matting etc etc.

Mas maganda ang japan version, pero be warned para sa japanese market ang kotse, so it goes pang japanese climate din etc etc, kaya siguro yung jimny na yan may heater pa. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Jimny na! Tagal ko na ring pangarap yan! Next to a Nissan Patrol..

Kung papayagan lang ako ng tatay ko i-swap ang Ford Escape ko sa Brand New Suzuki JIMNY..di na ako magdadalawang isip pa.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Advice needed: 2004 Jimny or Hyundai Getz?