New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mga tsikoteer gurus, need your help. :propose:

I recently accepted a job offer from a company based in Cavite. I live in Q.C. and plan to drive to and from work hence the decision to buy my own set of wheels. I've narrowed down my choice to a second hand 2004 Suzuki Jimny and a BN Hyundai Getz (both AT).

Before that I considered the following 2nd hand units: 1997/1996 Toyota Rav4, 2000 Suzuki Vitara JLX, 2003 Pajero Exceed, 2002/2001 Pajero Jr. and a brand new Kia Picanto. However, I realized that I wanted something compact (think easy to park), fuel efficient (1.3 cc?), and don't have to be forced into a financing scheme (Picanto!).

The thing is, I really want the Jimny! It's perfect for distance driving, can tackle floods, easy to park and cute as hell. I might even take up offroading as a new hobby. :D The 2nd hand car dealer is selling it for Php558K(neg).

However, with Php549K, I can already get a brand new Hyundai Getz. What I like about Getz is that it's..well.. brand new! Warranty/Insurance would be intact. I also like that it's also all-power and has a decent audio (unlike Picanto).

I don't know much about cars but generally I've heard Japanese cars to perform better than their Korean counterparts. But then you never know with 2nd hand cars nowadays...

So what do you think? Should I go with Jimny or Getz? Any help you can provide will be much appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ola shybabe,

if the jimny has not met any accidents, engine runs great, hasnt been flooded, etc, i would opt for this..my sis has one and has endured all that she could give to it (think rally driver) hehe price is quite expensive though. lower it down to 520-530 siguro. this is for the top of the line model ha..from your post, i think you are leaning more on the jimny ;) oh, and if you live in flood prone areas or pass through flood prone areas, this is perfect!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Jimny anywhere anytime go... go... go...

di na kailangan magpakitang gilas ang Suzuki matagal ng may pangalan sa industriya ang Suzuki dami pang aftermarket parts

hindi pa mawawala sa porma or uso...tignan mo naman yung mga old models na jimny bigtires and very bright colors gaganda nila trail ready anytime very capable vehicle

bat parang may narinig ako noon 450k second hand baka hindi top of the line to ;)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    ola shybabe,

if the jimny has not met any accidents, engine runs great, hasnt been flooded, etc, i would opt for this..my sis has one and has endured all that she could give to it (think rally driver) hehe price is quite expensive though. lower it down to 520-530 siguro. this is for the top of the line model ha..from your post, i think you are leaning more on the jimny ;) oh, and if you live in flood prone areas or pass through flood prone areas, this is perfect!

Thanks for the quick response calyski5! I've yet to actually view the unit but I'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind when I do. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions since you have one in the family pala. (1) I've heard the A/C of Suzuki is kinda weak, any problems with your Sis'? (2) Is the Jimny ok at high spped? Some warned me about its center of gravity (?).. said it could overturn at highspeed? (3) Do you know of any mechanic I can hire to checkout the unit?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :cool:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yung brand new na jimny nasa 580k di ba? mag brand new jimny ka na lang

tama si jeepcruizer.

mas ideal sayo ang jimny pag nag getz ka, ok din kaso lang mostly highway ka, pag sumalpok or sinalpok ang getz mo, mas delikado ka sa getz, at least yung jimny mataas, pag bumanga or binanga ka, mas safe ka
    Last edited by Mojo; May 22nd, 2005 at 03:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepcruizerph
    Jimny anywhere anytime go... go... go...

di na kailangan magpakitang gilas ang Suzuki matagal ng may pangalan sa industriya ang Suzuki dami pang aftermarket parts

hindi pa mawawala sa porma or uso...tignan mo naman yung mga old models na jimny bigtires and very bright colors gaganda nila trail ready anytime very capable vehicle

bat parang may narinig ako noon 450k second hand baka hindi top of the line to ;)
    It's good to know na marami palang aftermarket parts yung Suzuki! And I agree, I really like how it looks. :inlove:

Talaga merong 450K?? Yung 558K: AT with 1,500KM mileage. Kung AT rin sha, any way I can get a contact no, Jeepcruizerph?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    about center of gravity, hindi ka naman siguro ala schumacher mag corner, maski ano kotse nakuha mo, delikado talaga mga high speed cornering.

pag jimny dala mo, mapasanay ka sa moderate speeds, siguro 80kph sa highway, which is safe sa highway, dito ka lang nakikita sa pilipinas ang laki laki nakalagay 100kph max speed, pero mga sasakyan humaharorot 140kph

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    yung brand new na jimny nasa 580k di ba? mag brand new jimny ka na lang

tama si jeepcruizer.

mas ideal sayo ang jimny pag nag getz ka, ok din kaso lang mostly highway ka, pag sumalpok or sinalpok ang getz mo, mas delikado ka sa getz, at least yung jimny mataas, pag bumanga or binanga ka, mas safe ka
    Hiyang po kasi ako sa AT and according to PILHINO, a brand new 2004 Jimny is Php684K and the 2005 model is Php734K. Di po kaya ng budget ko.

Salamat sa feedback Mojo! Mas safe pala yung Jimny!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Brand new na Jimny cost aroung 640K fo the low end M/T.
    Yung top of the line A/T nasa 740K.

Para sakin brand new na Getz. Pero pag bumabaha sa dinadaanan mo Jimny ka na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa 4x4ph.com ka magtanong, mapapadali ang pagbili mo ng jimny!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Advice needed: 2004 Jimny or Hyundai Getz?