New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, I just bought my 2nd hand 99 GLS model Adventure, diesel 3 months ago... now a friend of mine who owns a 2006 1.5 City cvt (top of the line daw), with A/T, and 24T mileage had offered a swap with my unit, pero add ako ng 200T. Is it worth it?

My adventure have 52T mileage, manual.

kung kayo ay ako, would you go for it?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It depends primarily on practicality.

How many persons are you capable of giving a ride?
    If you have a family of more than 5 then just retain your adventure, else, it doesn't really makes sense.

It's diesel, gas is 40.50 and is still going up, think about the maintenance, are the symptoms of wear and tear showing now?

But for practical reasons too (the swap), it may be possible if you'll accomodate as much as five persons (that includes you).
    It may be runing on gas but having a lighter body and great fuel efficient engine (for 1.5) is a good swap, just ask for a lower additional cash.

That's it!

Peace out!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    It depends primarily on practicality.

How many persons are you capable of giving a ride?
    If you have a family of more than 5 then just retain your adventure, else, it doesn't really makes sense.

It's diesel, gas is 40.50 and is still going up, think about the maintenance, are the symptoms of wear and tear showing now?

But for practical reasons too (the swap), it may be possible if you'll accomodate as much as five persons (that includes you).
    It may be runing on gas but having a lighter body and great fuel efficient engine (for 1.5) is a good swap, just ask for a lower additional cash.

That's it!

Peace out!
    I usually accomodate 4 persons only...

Does the city have better fuel efficiency than the adventure?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    bos, ano daw rason niya at gusto niya kayo mag swap?

afaik, the city's cvt a/t transmission is a real miser when it comes to fuel consumption so i guess it would be safe to say that it's far more fuel efficient than your adventure
    Last edited by baludoy; July 28th, 2007 at 08:33 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I think the City owner needs more space.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lugi

napakabilis bumaba ang resale value ng sedan compared sa mga AUV.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I usually accomodate 4 persons only...

Does the city have better fuel efficiency than the adventure?
    Of course! the adventure is heavier than the city, subcompact vs. AUV; It's a newer model so the engine is still at its prime condition(still under warranty) even though the adventure is diesel IMO. How about the luggage space? Think about the things you can/may pack and fill in your adventure compared to the city (w/c also boast a bigger trunk space vs the new FD civic). Also, ask for the record of the city before doing the swap, you may never know if that person is selling his car due to some "hidden" reasons.

If you only accommodate four persons (five including you), then the city is a good swap specially at city driving (common sense, maybe the honda city is really made for the city, haha). You only need the adventure for mid to high loads like carrying and accomodating 6-8 passengers (I know, since I previously owned a '00 SuperSport Adventure 2.0G Matic).

Again, think of all the options before doing the swap, on my part, I traded my adventure (trade-in to the honda dealer) for a b/new fd civic. I ain't complaining about it. Lucky!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    the Owner of the CITY is selling his unit because he's upgrading, he thought getting my adventure plus 200t is better, because it would be easier to sell my adventure than his City.

550T ang asking nya sa City. It's a Vtec 1.5City with Sound Setup, A/T.

mura na ba?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The current resale value of '99 Diesel Adventure GLS is at least 240-270k (as far I know), good condition, first owner. Yes, it's easier to sell an adventure than a city.

Yes, It's a good deal (for me) but ask for lowering the cash out (for your advantage), check the condition of the city, accident and casa records, TMG and PNP clearance so that if you pursue this deal, you wont have any regrets.

As for depriciation, if you're asking if its a good deal, a honda agent told me that the rate of depriciation is 10% per year. so if the base price of the honda city 1.5 a/t VTEC 06 is at least 770k+ the you got at least 690k+ car value.

Hope this helps you!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi Guys, I'm back.. kasi katatawag ng city's owner sa akin, asking if I'm still interested with the swap. He offered it last with a 150T additional cash with 5 months to pay... Very tempting.... Wait n See muna ako baka ma-lower pa ang cash layout.. hehehe

what you think guys?

Btw, kasya ba ang wheelchair sa trunk ng City? I'm bringing it everytime my mom would stroll with me, or when she goes to occasions..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Adventure swap with CITY