New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    pansilaw lang yang turbo ng xwind! pang-uto..

common rail turbo diesel ang innova,

ang carens/starex CRDi+VGT!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Hindi na masyadong maingay mga bagong Xwind ngayon.
    Crosswind - timing gear
    Adventure - Timing belt
    AFAIK, a timing belt system operates more quietly, is less expensive and is more efficient mechanically due to its lighter weight, as opposed to timing chains and timing gears. The only real issue is durability.

The Adventure's 4D56 powerplant also has the added advantage of belonging to the Astron engine family, which pioneered the use of twin balance shafts (dubbed as the Silent Shaft system) in reducing engine vibration. This system has since been licensed by Fiat/Lancia, Saab and Porsche for use in their respective engines.

Besides, parang pointless ang turbo on something as large as the Crosswind, with its weight, high center of gravity and lack of aerodynamics.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 27th, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    +1 on the SS adventure.

I've owned/driven a 2000 Mitsu SS 2.0G matic which runs on the 4G63a engine. Gas guzzler but you expect that from a high end model, i guess. hehe. Anyway, My only problem during the time of ownership was metal holder of the spare tire that usually and constantly have the "sayad" effect but was later fixed. I use off road tires so my ride wasn't that bumpy and stiff. Other than that, no problems. I think the best looking Adventure series was with the swing type rear door against the hatch type with the crv-like pillars. You'll be getting better fuel economy with the Diesel intercooler turbo SS. Adventage IMO, is that original replacement mitsu parts, although expensive are bang for the buck. I had an overheating problem and I managed to still run it on maximum temp over the H limit line (as in!) and had it serviced on a servitek shop along c5 nearby, when they checked my engine, there were no signs of warping! Go for the Mitsu!
    Last edited by erickdpogi; August 27th, 2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: additional info

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're looking at the Crosswind, i'd consider the XTi version. I test drove one before and the performance was pretty okay. Just add wider tires and it should corner better and driver more stable on the highways.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    You'll be getting better fuel economy with the Diesel intercooler turbo SS.
    Take note, there's no such thing as an Adventure with a factory-installed diesel intercooled turbo. Don't be fooled by the stickers you see on some Adventure units. Mga nangangarap lang nang gising yung mga yun.

I know one guy out there who claims to have a turbo unit on his 4D56, but that's most probably an aftermarket installation.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 27th, 2007 at 02:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Take note, there's no such thing as an Adventure with a factory-installed diesel intercooled turbo. Don't be fooled by the stickers you see on some Adventure units. Mga nangangarap lang nang gising yung mga yun.

I know one guy out there who claims to have a turbo unit on his 4D56, but that's most probably an aftermarket installation.
    Oh? my bad. anyway, diesel still has the edge on the gas variant of the SS before on FC.

afaik > LPT lang yung turbo ng xwind.. pag nag-swap ka ng 4d56t sa adventure mo, makikita mo difference..

naiintriga ko sa white adventure (B**-**8 alam ko plate nun) na nakikita ko dito sa amin: lifted ng konti at kung aesthetics(props) lang ang hood scoop nya.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; August 27th, 2007 at 06:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung kakayanin, IMHO, get the CRDI Starex with VGT. Lakas ng makina, matipid pa. I think ride is better than an AUV. And is more comfortable.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thank you to all for your tips and comments, we have finally decided to buy the adventure. starex is a fancy car but i am not sure of it. thanks to all again and godspeed!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sana post mo ano deal na kuha mo sa bago mo adventure. May na basa ako post dito nakuha yun bago adventure with a great discount(around 50k) and freebie(LTO + insurance). hehehehe Pag meron pa yun discount na yan kukuha na rin ako pang daily use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
adventure super sport diesel or xwind turbo diesel