New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    we are looking for a service vehicle. has to be a workhorse as it will be used to ferry company personnel around and out of manila. most likely there will be lots of travel on the nlex and sctex. no off roading or very rough roads though. the worse road will probably be sand and gravel

which of these two entry models diesels would be best in terms of durability, fuel economy and low maintenance cost

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of FC, i'd place my bet on the Crosswind. The Mitsu engine is more refined but seems to drink more based on my experience.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In terms of powerplant, both have old but very reliable engines. However, fuel economy goes to the Crosswind since it uses direct injection.

Also, since you're getting the ten-seater variant, the Adventure's D-pillars slant inward at an odd angle, which means those sitting closest to the rear hatch have poor headroom. This isn't a problem for the seven-seater model, but there's little point in getting it if what you need is a people mover with more seats.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 27th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    In terms of powerplant, both have old but very reliable engines. However, fuel economy goes to the Crosswind since it uses direct injection.

Also, since you're getting the ten-seater variant, the Adventure's D-pillars slant inward at an odd angle, which means those sitting closest to the rear hatch have poor headroom. This isn't a problem for the seven-seater model, but there's little point in getting it if what you need is a people mover with more seats.
    +1 here
    mahirap umupo sa likod lalo na kung malapit ka sa rear door. pag sumakay ako ng adventure FX, as much as possible sa front or middle seat ako uupo, although sikip sya sa middle seat kung apat kayong uupo.

go for the crosswind xl.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Both have the same seating capacity. FC di naman siguro nagkakalayo, oo sabihin naten direct injection ang crosswind, pero mas reliable at subok na talaga ang 4d56 ng Mitusbishi.

In my experience, mas matagtag ang ride ng crosswind compared sa adventure. Mas maingay ang makina at parang nakasakay sa Truck. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    +1 here
    mahirap umupo sa likod lalo na kung malapit ka sa rear door. pag sumakay ako ng adventure FX, as much as possible sa front or middle seat ako uupo, although sikip sya sa middle seat kung apat kayong uupo.

go for the crosswind xl.
    correct ko lang di naman macocompare ang adventure sa Toyota Tamaraw FX para tawaging "Adventure FX".
    siguro nagkakataon lang na puro advie ang nasasakayan mong PUV, try mo din sumakay sa likod ng crosswind.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renyot View Post

correct ko lang di naman macocompare ang adventure sa Toyota Tamaraw FX para tawaging "Adventure FX".
    siguro nagkakataon lang na puro advie ang nasasakayan mong PUV, try mo din sumakay sa likod ng crosswind.
    what i'm trying to say is the adventure plying as an PUV, sorry if I say Adventure FX. Pero mas maluwag ang crosswind sa likod pag side seats sya.
    syempre lahat na ng AUVs nasakyan ko na (Disclaimer: we used to own a Tamaraw FX)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    may Sportivo kami ung rear Seats niya converted dun sa Magkaharap kasi ginagamit pang Sakay Dati.. mas Comfy ang Ride mas maluwang Nakakatulog pa nga ako e.. 5,10" ako Pero walang prob. malamig pa Aircon

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post

sir,
    In terms of maintenance economy wise, eg. price of spares and the like, initial price of the vehicle, etc
    which is better?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renyot View Post
    Both have the same seating capacity. FC di naman siguro nagkakalayo, oo sabihin naten direct injection ang crosswind, pero mas reliable at subok na talaga ang 4d56 ng Mitusbishi.

In my experience, mas matagtag ang ride ng crosswind compared sa adventure. Mas maingay ang makina at parang nakasakay sa Truck. No offense.
    No question, subok talaga ang 4D56, from the Gen1 Pajero to the L200, L300, and now as the basis for the 2.5L Strada engine. Medyo hassle lang ang palit ng timing belt, compared to the Crosswind which uses timing chain. Although on the other hand, it's a good idea din, since designed ang timing belt na mapalitan at certain intervals to keep the engine running smoothly. Timing chain ideally does not need replacement, but that may lull a lot of people into a false sense of security, which can prove disastrous when the chain does break at a very inopportune moment.

The Adventure does have a car-like ride; I know mine still does, even after six years of ownership. The models beginning 2004 especially, had their suspension tuned for passenger comfort, unlike the earlier models tuned for cargo transport. And quieter engine too, thanks to the twin balance shaft design first used on the Astron 80. Pero yung fuel consumption ng Crosswind under normal conditions, hirap akong ma-achieve even with religious oil change, shifting at 1500RPM and using biodiesel on the 4D56. Medyo significant ang difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipo
    sir,
    In terms of maintenance economy wise, eg. price of spares and the like, initial price of the vehicle, etc
    which is better?
    Maintenance should be more or less equal since they've both been in the market for so long, although the Adventure can share parts with the L200 and L300. I wouldn't know about the current pricing brand-new, pero six years ago, the Crosswind's asking price was a bit too much, considering what it had to offer compared to the Adventure.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    4JA1 engines uses timing gear... not chain. it can achieve 16 kilometers/liter in hiway, 12-14 mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
adventure GX or crosswind XL