New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    What's the advantage of buying compact vehicles?

We're chosing between Picanto, Spark and i10, pero nakita ko na konti lang difference nila sa Vios at Accent.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Advantages:
    - Madali imaneuver at ipark
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Less space occupied
    - Mataas ang headroom
    - Cheap Price

The disadvantages (if you're ok with it)
    - Less legroom (mostly the case)
    - Engines are small displacement ones that they're not the ideal highway partner
    - Often times cheapy cheappy interior
    - Base model horror

Hope this helps, pero kung may pamilya ka or living with relatives (and usually travelling with them) these are not good choices.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Vios and Accent at the same price as the top-of-the-line min-cars are completely unloaded, manual transmissions, bare interiors, wind-down windows (on the Vios, at least), steelies.

For similarly unloaded min-cars, you will still be paying 80k or so less. Bare Spark is 518k.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Engines are small displacement ones that they're not the ideal highway partner
    Actually, due to their smaller (and then lighter) bodies they often don't feel so underpowered at all.

If there's no need to move with more than 4 people and not too much luggage a compact car can be a reasonable option.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.2 Minis are quicker than 1.3 liter subcompacts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    So you guys would rather get a compact vehicle than an entry level Vios and Accent?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Vios and Accent at the same price as the top-of-the-line min-cars are completely unloaded, manual transmissions, bare interiors, wind-down windows (on the Vios, at least), steelies.

For similarly unloaded min-cars, you will still be paying 80k or so less. Bare Spark is 518k.
    Vios now has power windows on all models even the cheapest ones...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Harangody View Post
    So you guys would rather get a compact vehicle than an entry level Vios and Accent?
    I would since I encounter rather tight parking spaces everyday, especially if its a parallel parking spot. The Vios is a small car but I just noticed recently that its almost as long as a Toyota Fortuner which kinda makes it pretty hard to parallel park...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i think the vios is around 14 feet and the Fortuner around 16 feet in length..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    vios/accent/city are sub-compacts. altis/civic/elantra/lancer are compact.

btt... for a daily commuter car, minicar would be fine. but for a family-person that needs to go to the grocery every now-and-then, sub-compact is a must, if not a compact one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advantage of Compact Vehicles