New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the_wildthing, medyo matimbang din kse ang priority ko sa fuel consumption. Parang ang bagsak ko kapag sedan ang gusto ko eh Civic. Ang Accord naman hindi din ganon kaganda ang fuel consumption.

squala, I'll keep my 240SX, RSX will just be an additional car.

240SX Restore:
    Paint $2,000
    Engine KA24DE-T $5,000
    TEIN Flex suspension $1,500
    Wheels and Tires $2,000
    4-lug to 5-lug conversion $1,200 (optional)

Parang ang restoration eh kapag wala na akong magawa sa pera :bwahaha: Kaya I dont think its very reasonable to restore it at this time.

max, of course I do consider a used car. The G35 doesnt have the ideal mpg that Im looking for and so does the 98 240SX.

niky, Celica is too feminine looking in my opinion. Pero very comparable nga ang mpg ng Celica na 24/33.

chieffy, hopefully the production of our tsikoting doesnt start happening until mid-2007. Pero may Sentra naman si misis if ever, hahaha.

mbt, wala ngang wenta ang base model ng RSX pero pede na siguro. Nanghihinayang naman kse ako kapatid dahil 24,000miles a year ang inilalagay ko sa car.

Baka used (second hand) na RSX-S ang labas ko nito ah. Pero the price difference is only $3,000 between the used and the new RSX-S.

Thank you mga kapatid!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay naman yung base RSX at base K20 hehe... lalo na kung sa traffic lang din naman

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RSX-S: $23655 6spdM/T
    Base: $21202 5spdA/T

A difference of $2453 and expand it for 48months, is only $51.00 extra payment a month or $12.77 a week or $1.82 a day

ayan, may bago na naman akong dilemma...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba e, kung okay lang sa iyo na M/T, sa Type S na hehe :D baka pwedeng i-haggle down yung presyo sa dealer

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    aba e, kung okay lang sa iyo na M/T, sa Type S na hehe baka pwedeng i-haggle down yung presyo sa dealer
    Usually, ibinibigay ng $23,000 out the door and RSX-S.

Sa hapon ako bugbog sa traffic talaga, 45mins na stop n go then 25mph sa highway :swear: Baka masanay na lang ulit ako dahil I used to drive another integra with stage 2 clutch. Pero 4 times a week lang ako bumibiyahe ng ganon ka-traffic.

bahala na, alam naman ni misis na its my time to get a decent car this time. Nakonsensya yata nung bumili kami ng bahay when I gave up my car. hahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At lunch time, I was on the highway and noticed the temp needle is pass the "H" letter. Nag exit na lang ako sa side-street para hindi ako tumirik sa gitna ng freeway. Pulled to the gas station and viola, a dark coolant leak! So, naglakad ako papuntang autoparts store and got myself a gallon of coolant. Nakabalik ako sa work ng ma-ayos at 30mph driving.

Nag research ako sa internet on why my coolant is dark as opposed to being green. Here's what I found.
    OK, well, I don't know about the Toyota 2.4L engine that well, but I DO
    know thw '89-91 Nissan 2.4L (240SX/Nissan truck) had bad tensioner guides
    installed at the factory. The guide breaks/wears down and what happens
    when the chain stretches is it begins to slap/rub against the front of the
    engine block/head. The more it rubs, the more it wears down the aluminum
    and allows collant to enter the oil passages and...it's New Engine Time."
    I was aware about the Timing Chain guide rubbing with the chain itself. There was a tech bulletin from Nissan years ago na hindi na daw kailangan ang chain guide at baka makasira pa ng makina. Akala ko aabot pa ng september itong 240SX bago palitan ng makina, damn.

Timing Chain repair cost: $835.00

Looks like Im gonna end up with a Hyundai car

Last edited by Karding; July 1st, 2005 at 05:59 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LA traffic is crazy. one of the few things that i don't miss. but not worse than Manila traffic, i don't think.

hmm...20k budget, 2 door car? stretch it to 25k and you'll get a pretty nice (used) 330ci :D dagdag-dilemma

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hyundai? God Forbid!!! The Tiburon is a guzzler!

Have you considered a DET swap, Karding? ... oops, Californian ka pala... the one place on Earth where it's illegal...

Sayang... I have a real fondness for 240SXs and Silvias... they were the last real "affordable" RWD sports cars...

Celica too feminine? What about a Mazdaspeed MX-5? :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Is the 4-cylinder Tiburon also a guzzler?

If you choose a Celica, you can go for a TRD dress-up kit to minimize the so-called feminine look. Others say it looks better than the RSX, which in turn looks very similar to the Chevy Cavalier. Anyway, go for one that will make you most happy.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After careful consideration between RSX, tC, and even Accord coupe. I think I might end up with the car I have never consired. Although the wife kept imitating the TV ad and whispering in my ears for a very long time now.

In the meantime, I got myself a rental car.

S model 2.3L
    Rally white
    in-dash 6-CD changer
    4-spd sport A/T
    Black leather seats
    foglights
    ABS w/EBD
    Side Airbags
    Side Curtain Airbags
    Sport package of 17" alloys and side sill extension
    Xenon and TPMS package

...and zoom zoom zoom

Mga kapatid, maraming salamat sa mga input!

M54, di ko pa afford maintenance ng BMW, hahaha. Wag muna yon kapatid.
    Last edited by Karding; July 4th, 2005 at 03:02 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Acura RSX vs Scion tC