New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rediesel, yeah tC has been 2.4litre ever since.

mazdamazda, kung papalarin ako baka kumuha ako dahil malapit nang mamatay ang 240SX ko. I need a reliable commuter car soon. Kung gagastusan ko naman ang 240SX, parang sayang ang pera. Saka parang na-aawa na si misis sakin dahil I keep on checking the condition of my car every morning. Payback time is almost here...nyeheheh

Type-S is not my option due to heavy traffic in Los Angeles highway. Yes, highway na bumper to bumper pa for 45mins, di ba M54?

the Mrs. doesnt like the Scion tC either.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Acura RSX!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    how bout bmw 1 series? hehe dagdag nalang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    how bout bmw 1 series? hehe dagdag nalang
    langya ka, siningit mo naman ang bimmer! :hihihi: As much as possible wag 'muna' euro at by the end of 2006 na lang yon. I just need something to get by 'til then. Inlove si misis sa Audi A3 Sportback tho.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Talagang 2 door ang type mo ha? I would suggest 4-door sedans sana hehehe.

I haven't driven either car so I will base on the pics and the specs... I would go for the Acura. Doubt if you will feel the extra torque of the Scion. Mukhang negated lang ng weight diff.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I personally believe your 240SX is worth restoring and keeping. It's a classic RWD compared to the RSX and tC which are FWD. A mint condition of that car still looks good to this day. How much is the estimate if you rebuild your car anyway?

Going back to your choices, I prefer the RSX because of its boy-racer design compared to the tC which seems to cater to older bachelors or young fathers. The engine should also be more spirited as opposed to the cruising character of the Scion, given that its powerplant is Camry-based. The extra gear of the Honda's A/T is also appealing if not an performance/efficiency enhancer. As for the fuel economy figures you posted, is it based on the EPA or more accurate test results?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i pick rsx between the two. will you consider used? heto para mas magulo

98 240sx under 10k, or
    03 infiniti g35 sedan about 19-20k.

good luck karding!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Forget the 240sx... classic lines or not, the KA24DE car will never have the cachet of the SR20DET car.

I'd go for the Acura, but I guess it really depends on what your butt tells you after a test drive.

Why not a Celica if you're considering these two? It supposedly has a softer ride than the RSX, while still being sporty and not as chunky as the Scion, plus fuel consumption should be as good as or better than the Honda.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Talagang 2 door ang type mo ha? I would suggest 4-door sedans sana hehehe.
    oo nga bakit di na lang 4 door at baka bigla ka nang magkaroon ng tsikoting at least pwede mo patagalin ng konti sa iyo yung sasakyan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the torque advantage of the tC will be significant, the base K20 (the one in the local CR-V) is gutless at the bottom hehe.

but ill take the RSX between the two, but it could well be a toss-up hehe

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Acura RSX vs Scion tC