New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like some performance with my cars. A midsize with a 4-cylinder feels somewhat lethargic and gives it that "old buyer" feeling. A midsize with a V6 is far more sporty and is appropriately equipped. I'd definitely go with a V6 Accord. None of the four-cylinder cars in the list can approach it in performance and it has the room when it's functioning as a people-mover.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    I like some performance with my cars. A midsize with a 4-cylinder feels somewhat lethargic and gives it that "old buyer" feeling. A midsize with a V6 is far more sporty and is appropriately equipped. I'd definitely go with a V6 Accord. None of the four-cylinder cars in the list can approach it in performance and it has the room when it's functioning as a people-mover.
    That reminds me, the buttlifted Accord(that Honda says will arrive here) has an updated 2.4 liter i-VTEC that now produces 170hp, 10 more than the old one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jun: But in the Phil, V6 engines (gas, at least) are still not as widespread as it is in the US... While 4 bangers are considered "small" in the US, Phil market, in general, still considers engines above 2.0Li as "large" engines.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    That reminds me, the buttlifted Accord(that Honda says will arrive here) has an updated 2.4 liter i-VTEC that now produces 170hp, 10 more than the old one.
    It'd be even better if the 197hp 4-banger of the new Civic Si can be transpanted to the Accord. Then, you'll have a 4-cylinder Accord to be reckoned with..... But, you never know. If a simpleton like me can put 2 and 2 together, I'm sure the engineers at Honda have given it a thought too.

What's the torque on the 170hp 2.4? If the 2.4 has more torque than the 197hp 2.0, then chances of the latter making it to Accords would be slim.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 26th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Si's engine makes less than 150 ft lbs of torque. It's not really suited to a big car. The engine is available in the Euro Accord (TSX in the US) though.

Locally, I'd go for a 2.3 or 2.4 Mazda6 or Accord (good handling balance, adequate power), but a V6 Sonata isn't bad for the price.

Resale value isn't a big issue with midsizers, as they don't maintain value as well as compacts or SUVs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sonata looks like a Jag actually hehe, not bad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    The Sonata looks like a Jag actually hehe, not bad.
    the previous generation that is, kuya theveed.
    the current one looks like Camry slash Accord.

going back to the topic. Mazda6...next would be the Galant.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For me its between the Accord and Camry. I bought the 07 Camry simply because it has a very comfortable and very, very quite ride, (That's how a family midsize sedan should feel like) feels like you're in a luxury car. Some folks won't like the new style of the Camry but some folks do. I fell in the "I like the style category" It was a very hard choice for me between the 2 cars. The current Accords you'll see them everywhere, while the Camry, since it is still new you still have this "Its Ugly" or Wow factor. But I see more and more new Camrys on the road now, at one point, on a parking lot I saw 4 new Camrys park close to each other.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Jun: But in the Phil, V6 engines (gas, at least) are still not as widespread as it is in the US... While 4 bangers are considered "small" in the US, Phil market, in general, still considers engines above 2.0Li as "large" engines.
    Well, the Accord V6, the Sonata V6, and maybe the Mazda6 V6 (all with 3-liter or better V6s) may change all that.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Locally, I'd go for a 2.3 or 2.4 Mazda6 or Accord (good handling balance, adequate power), but a V6 Sonata isn't bad for the price.
    I'd still pick a M/T Accord V6 sedan if it's just me alone. But, the 3.3L V6 Sonata is a bargain considering it's virtually identical in performance to a A/T Accord V6 even though it's heavier and has 5hp less.

If it's carrying people in luxury, the Camry is a delight and has plenty of room in the back although I would still prefer a V6 with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
accord, camry, galant or mazda6 2.3l