New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Yup true! Cab drivers don't know how to cool down turbo before shutting off the engine

Mas mahal maintenance compared sa vios na common taxi.
    Laspag sa taxi drivers yan. First di nila alam yung cool down ng turbo bago i off ang makina. Since it's a diesel matipid talaga yan may tendency na matulog ang driver diyan leaving the engine idle for long hours. Expect na hataw lagi yan patakbuhin.ng mga driver at pag dumating na sila sa paborito nilang kainan biglang off makina niyan.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Okay I get your point sir Jaggerx. Tama kayo kahit papano mo sabihan yung mga driver, meron talaga matigas ang ulo. Yes I agree the accent CRDI needs an additional step of TLC to keep it running good. So yes tama yung argument ninyo - not recommended for taxi (high mileage use + careless driver) but recommended for Uber (high mileage use + owner/driver).

About the maintenance cost, yep mas mahal kesa Vios but not too prohibitive. Hindi nalalayo sa Hi Ace at common diesels basta wag ipagawa sa casa. I can have the oil changed at less than 2k pesos using Zic oil and OEM oil filter sourced from Goodgear.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    There was one time nasakay ako ng Accent CRDI na cab yung lumang body. The driver was telling me na for their units with busted turbos, tinatanggal nalang daw nung owner yung turbo and the car behaves like an ordinary diesel car minus the ooomph of the turbocharger. Matipid pa rin naman daw sa krudo. I guess ginagawa nila is they just route the intake pipe straight to the engine intake instead of routing it towards the turbocharger.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    There was one time nasakay ako ng Accent CRDI na cab yung lumang body. The driver was telling me na for their units with busted turbos, tinatanggal nalang daw nung owner yung turbo and the car behaves like an ordinary diesel car minus the ooomph of the turbocharger. Matipid pa rin naman daw sa krudo. I guess ginagawa nila is they just route the intake pipe straight to the engine intake instead of routing it towards the turbocharger.
    Old practice na din yan. Kahit sa Isuzu Gemini noon ganyan ginagawa dahil nasisira raw yung turbo

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ibig sabihin ba nyan talagang barumbado ang mga Pinoy taxi drivers at hindi talaga marunong mag-alaga ng mga Accent CRDi taxis nila? Kasi I can give examples of cities closer to home that uses CRDi taxis only: Singapore and Macau. Wala silang issue na busted turbo sa mga CRDi taxi nila.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Ibig sabihin ba nyan talagang barumbado ang mga Pinoy taxi drivers at hindi talaga marunong mag-alaga ng mga Accent CRDi taxis nila? Kasi I can give examples of cities closer to home that uses CRDi taxis only: Singapore and Macau. Wala silang issue na busted turbo sa mga CRDi taxi nila.
    Ano pa nga ba.. basta hindi kanila, barumbado gumamit. Basta hindi pera nila ang pinanggastos, bahala na ang gamit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mga driver solo na nila kita. Hihiritin nila hanggang kaya. Iwan lahat sa operator lahat ng pang maintenance at lahat. Maganda turbodiesel taxi kung owner mismo maglalabas.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Ibig sabihin ba nyan talagang barumbado ang mga Pinoy taxi drivers at hindi talaga marunong mag-alaga ng mga Accent CRDi taxis nila?
    Hmmm... Yes and No... (we used to own Taxis in the '90s).

I believe (2016) boundary now for new cars is around 1.8K/day.

If you ask a driver why he drives that way, he will say the boundary is high.

If you lower the boundary, he'll tell you he has lots of children studying or maybe fuel costs/traffic?

From the operator's stand point.

Base Vios is Php 592,000

Base Accent is Accent 1.6 GL 6MT (Dsl) Php 748,000.00, Accent Hatch 1.6 CRDi GL 6MT (Dsl) Php 798,000.00

Plus the fact that the Vios uses a lot of similar parts from the first 2 generations.

Would be nice to see bigger cars as taxis (Crown, i40, Optima) but in reality, operators wants to see a quick return of investment and drivers can always drive the next taxi if he's car stops running...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO, LPG would have been a better fuel for our local Taxis

However, operators used cheap conversion kits which lead to leaks and performance issues...

Here in SG, following cars use Natural Gas...
    (Hyundai) Azera, (Toyota) Wish, Corolla Axio, Camry, Fielder, (Honda) Airwave, Stream

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Sa Metro Manila, walang Accent diesel HATCH na taxi. Puro sedan.
    Mayroon, I've seen one, one pa lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mukang mapapa vios talaga ako.. base sa nabasa ko..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast