New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Guys, i currently drive a 99 Pajero 4x4 AT with about 160t kms on it. Still in good condition as i just had it serviced by Pajero master J. Atotubo. Just wondering if it would be wise to replace it with an 05 Everst 4x2 AT with low mileage. Its just that dumadami squeaks and rattles of the pajero. Although not really sure what to expect with the Everest. What do you think mga katsikot? Would appreciate inputs from all. Thanks and a happy new year to all. Drive safe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbundle View Post
    Guys, i currently drive a 99 Pajero 4x4 AT with about 160t kms on it. Still in good condition as i just had it serviced by Pajero master J. Atotubo. Just wondering if it would be wise to replace it with an 05 Everst 4x2 AT with low mileage. Its just that dumadami squeaks and rattles of the pajero. Although not really sure what to expect with the Everest. What do you think mga katsikot? Would appreciate inputs from all. Thanks and a happy new year to all. Drive safe.
    Lower fuel consumption, bumpier ride, lack of 4x4, less toys. Don't get me wrong, I think the Everest is an okay car, but it's definitely a step down.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yup its going to be bumper than your pajero. Pajero uses 5link coil spring in the rear while the everest still uses leaf springs

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Stick with your Pajero. Fairly easy to fix your problems IMHO. The Everest looks like a pick up with a permanent camper shell on it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although the Eve is a good truck w/ good power, you'll be jumping down from 4x4 to 4x2, with a harsher ride... since gamay mo na yung Pajero, it may be better to stick to it.
    Last edited by vinj; January 8th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    its a definite downgrade ....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were in your shoes, I'll stick with the Pajero....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The squeaks are pretty easy. On the Pajero FM I borrowed, I took out most of the squeaks in a day or so of use. You just need to get creative. I had to stuff some rubber pads (pinagtabasan ng cargo mat) between the sliding glass panes to stop a rattle), stuff a rag under the 2nd row seats because the seats rattled on bad roads, tightened the bolts on the third seat, got rid of a ton of junk in the 2nd row underseat compartment and other storage spaces.

Practially the same tricks I employed for my rig. It would be nice if someone could drive around while you sat in the 2nd row and cargo bay hunting for squeaks and rattles.

Check the rubber door stoppers, too. They get stolen a lot by shady Banawe boys and repair shops.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks guys for the inputs. Guess ill be keeping the pajero after all.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The squeaks are pretty easy. On the Pajero FM I borrowed, I took out most of the squeaks in a day or so of use. You just need to get creative. I had to stuff some rubber pads (pinagtabasan ng cargo mat) between the sliding glass panes to stop a rattle), stuff a rag under the 2nd row seats because the seats rattled on bad roads, tightened the bolts on the third seat, got rid of a ton of junk in the 2nd row underseat compartment and other storage spaces.

Practially the same tricks I employed for my rig. It would be nice if someone could drive around while you sat in the 2nd row and cargo bay hunting for squeaks and rattles.

Check the rubber door stoppers, too. They get stolen a lot by shady Banawe boys and repair shops.
    Otep ok ah...Baka gusto mo hiramin paj ko ok lang...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
99 Pajero or 05 Everest?