New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, need your advice,opinions and reasons. I'm now choosing between these 2 cars. both are being sold at the same price at 280T.

COROLLA XE:
    1999 MOdel
    28T Mileage ONLY
    1.3 Manual
    Power Steering and Windows
    12 CD Changer and Equalizer
    Dual Airbags

CITY TypeZ:
    2002 Model
    32T Mileage
    1.3 Vti Engine Manual
    All Power
    Stock Stereo
    No Airbags

Which would you pick and why?

I would like the City kasi mas bago cya but ALL MY FRIENDS Adviced me to get the COROLLA instead kasi mas Roomy daw and Cheaper PARTS. Yun sa kanila, CITY is sirain at mahal pa ang PARTS.

Enlighten me pls.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have driven both these cars. Yung corolla manipis ang body, parang lata but due to its light body, mabilis sya at mabilis ang pickup ng speed.. pero nde maganda ang suspension nito..matagtag..

Yung city very responsive rin ang engine at mas makapal ang kaha.. nde rin ganun kaganda suspension.. interior is really outdated..

Pero I would go for the corolla since lower ang mileage at easier to maintain .. may added airbags din ..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if depreciation and resale value is important, i would go for the City. for one, the engine is better and more responsive and the fact that it is newer.

the corolla XE i think is the lovelife edition, so hindi rin ganung kalaki ang interiors nya. although ang lamang nya is parang mas maganda ang tayo nya kesa sa city.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    if depreciation and resale value is important, i would go for the City. for one, the engine is better and more responsive and the fact that it is newer.

the corolla XE i think is the lovelife edition, so hindi rin ganung kalaki ang interiors nya. although ang lamang nya is parang mas maganda ang tayo nya kesa sa city.
    Thanks for the quick help.

The corolla is the lovelife edition, pero iba na ang tailight. altis type yata. The interior looks ok but the Honda City looks better (for me).

Regarding on the Reasle value, I have checked here in tsikot and newspaper, pareho lang. Both cars are priced at 280T-300T kahit 2002 pa ang City. Does this mean Corolla is better than the City?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The owner of the Corolla is a Lady dentist who doesn't much about taking care of the car... funny....last week, she brought the Corolla to the TOYOTA Center (kasa) for a check up and the mechanics there told her bunch of things to change, she spent around 30T for the repair.

When I saw the receipts, TIMING BELT was repalced, TENSIONER was replaced and OIL PUMP too, so and so forth. hahaha.. Ganun ba dapat? At 28T mileage, kailangan ireplaced nyan? The mechanic told the lady dentist that its about timeto replaced since its an 8 year old car, so mileage doesn't count anymore.

I'm now thinking of acquiring this corolla since the conditions might be better than the City na, what ya think?

The AIRBAGS are really a plus for my family... but do we really use it?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    The owner of the Corolla is a Lady dentist who doesn't much about taking care of the car... funny....last week, she brought the Corolla to the TOYOTA Center (kasa) for a check up and the mechanics there told her bunch of things to change, she spent around 30T for the repair.

When I saw the receipts, TIMING BELT was repalced, TENSIONER was replaced and OIL PUMP too, so and so forth. hahaha.. Ganun ba dapat? At 28T mileage, kailangan ireplaced nyan? The mechanic told the lady dentist that its about timeto replaced since its an 8 year old car, so mileage doesn't count anymore.

I'm now thinking of acquiring this corolla since the conditions might be better than the City na, what ya think?

The AIRBAGS are really a plus for my family... but do we really use it?
    I would get the Toyota since all the work has been done and you won't have to worry about replacing those parts. As for the airbag question, you don't really want to be in a situation where you need to use an airbag. But in case you are it's good to have it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i dont like the Coach class accomodations of the City.

i just like its engine whether 1.3L or 1.5L pgm-fi or VTEC.

but the Rolla has more features as per sample and has a fairly reliable 2E engine din naman which can give you adequate performance and good fuel consumption. so GO Rolla ako among the choices.

isa pa, i believe eto na yung facelifted AE111 with Airbags, all power, has even pillow type headrest at the back.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    What does it mean by COACH CLASS ACCOMODATION ?

Btw, I'm thinking of placing a 17" Rim on the Corolla (I got it na,thanks for the bunch help) , would it be okay?

What are the disadvantages and advantages? Would it lessen the power of the 1.3?

To all people who drove a car with 17" MAGS.... enlighten me

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    What does it mean by COACH CLASS ACCOMODATION ?

Btw, I'm thinking of placing a 17" Rim on the Corolla (I got it na,thanks for the bunch help) , would it be okay?

What are the disadvantages and advantages? Would it lessen the power of the 1.3?

To all people who drove a car with 17" MAGS.... enlighten me
    if this is the case dun na ako sa corolla. wala ng kailangang palitan.
    on the 17" query. no it will not lessen the powe of the 1.3, a 1.3 engine is always a 1.3 engine, but of course, putting bigger wheels would require the car more power/fuel to accelerate to the rate if it has a 14" or a 15" wheel.
    and syempre, bigger wheels are heavier.

one advantage that i can think off.... amfogee ng ride mo...
    another disadvantage.... you can now feel the cracks on the road.... rougher ride compared to a 14 or a 15 incher....
    Last edited by 1D4LV; January 26th, 2007 at 09:37 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    imho, mas maganda ang city but if your concern on the long hand eh yung maintenance, i'll go for corolla.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
99 COROLLA XE vs 2002 CITY Type Z