Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    gud am po...

inputs po ( advantage vs one another )
    tnx in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    same problem i currently looking for a second hand car. my 1st choice is an sir for its 160 hp engine but having second thought due to older model which correspond to 02 model vtis even lynx. please shed me some light if you have around 400t to waste what will you buy? open to other car

requirement: speed and performance / reliability / spare parts availability / economy and aftermarket upgrades

a nice interior is a plus... just love the nissan al leather interior... MT transmission preffered...

thanks in advance...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for 400K, I won't buy an SIR.

for 400K, I'd probably look for a Ford Lynx RS or CE.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    for 400K, I won't buy an SIR.

for 400K, I'd probably look for a Ford Lynx RS or CE.
    +1 I have the same scenario last year I ended up looking and acquiring Lynx RS

SIR is a great car but if you would spend 400K for a 7 to 8 year old car... Not worth it IMHO.

you could try checking fordclubph.com, there is currently for sale RS for just 470K owned by one of the great tsikoteers also.hehehe
    Last edited by arvic; February 2nd, 2007 at 06:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    470K? yan ba yung pupunta ng Canada?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung pwedeng ibaba price ng SiR my vote will be SiR.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005

OT: yap... si canadian citizen tsikot chapter.. hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bakit sa yo ganyan ang alok sa inyo? hehehe tsk tsk ... parang iba yung alok sa akin bago ko makuha si EVe ko...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Civic RS ata yun sir. yung ES body.

mas trip ko yung newer RS. plus i think it already comes with a sport seats, body kits, SIR mags, 2 DIN stereo and leather. pure cosmetic but its really a VTi in a sporty shell.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... bumababa siyempre yung price dahil malapit na siyang umalis...

Puwede pa yang i-negotiate siguro...

RE: The Civic RS isn't as sporty as the SiR or the Lynx RS, but it's an okay car.

RE: SiR versus LynxRS... hehe, alam niyo na yung sagot ko dyan... ...although masarap talagang mag-bitik ng VTEC... ...you don't get many chances in traffic, whereas with the Lynx, a twitch of your foot and you've already got ample torque to have fun.

Problem lang talaga for the RS is the availability of certain parts. Most suspension and brake parts can be bought outside already, it's just engine parts and accessories that you might have to buy from the casa... so far (near 60k) wala pa akong problems with engine parts or accessories... medyo bugbog lang ang suspension ko dahil wala akong pakialam sa potholes (replaced some bushings already)...

But whichever of the two... the SiR is already a "modern classic"... kung malinis yung makuha mo, di masyadong "riced" or "modified", it's a keeper. It drives well, gets decent economy for its power, and is lots of fun on those late night highway drives back home.

The Lynx is like a mature SiR... not quite as fast, but with much better suspension tuning, dual airbags, lots of goodies (sunroof, 6-disc changer, Nardi steering wheel) and a cool body-kit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
99/00 SIR or 02 Honda RS ?