New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which is better for a second hand car since these cars has almost same price range....?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    kung gusto mo reliability - corolla, trusted workhorse
    performance - civic, daming aftermarket parts

lancer in between

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMO, the EK civic is a classic and good car.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Civic VTi

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Corolla is the practical choice in terms of parts avaiability and repair knowledge... added plusses for this model is that it has ABS and airbags. The Civic has better performance and more space but no safety add-ons the Corolla has.

As for the Lancer, i've never been a fan of the late models after the legendary boxtype (unless it's an Evo :D).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The MX is a really nice car. Pricing for parts is a pain, though, as there's a lot of electronic hardware there. But as long as you take care of it, it's a good car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    These are exactly the choices i wanted when i was looking for a second hand car..At the end....I choose a civic.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang nagusuhan ko kasi sa either lancer mx or corolla gli is their safety features.... sa civic yung performance and space......

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ford lnyx kaya? nadagdagan pa sa list......

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Which GLi are you pertaining to, the 101 (93-97) or 111 (97-00)? Personally, I prefer the 101 because for some reason, its design looks somewhat newer than the 111. Aside from that, it's more spacious at the back. It is also said that the 111 is slightly slower because the carried-over 4A-FE engine has to deal with a heavier car. The suspension, however, is still very reliable like its predecessor as it shares many identical components like springs, shocks, etc. Going back to the bad side, there's this "lutang" effect when driving at high speed. As you can notice, the front end is relatively higher, so there's a great deal of lift as you go faster. Performance-oriented owners replace the front springs with either JDM or lowering to reduce the problem.

If you're looking for a late 90's 1.6, then head for the VTi. Get a manual too, I tell you. It's a great joy to drive with its sporty suspension and lively VTEC engine. Economy is also respectable if your right foot is gentle. If you can make do with no airbags and ABS, then this car suits you well. And oh, also be prepared to shell out some money for suspension repairs. Unfortunately, the underchassis setup isn't really sturdy enough to handle our roads for several miles. The upper arm is one of the parts that gets worn out easily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
99-00 Lancer MX or Corolla GLi or Civic Vti