New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi Everyone,

Need your advice. I am looking for an all power 4dr vehicle that is very economical in fuel. Sentra S4 owners claim 10-11km/l for a manual while the city owners with a manual tranny claim 12-13km/l - are all these true? Is the Sentra Series 4 EX a 1.3 or 1.4? EFI or carburated? Which one has cheaper parts? Which one has a better suspension? Better A/C? Safer in a collission?

Any other car options out there for P150K that is all power and fuel efficient that i should consider?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    seems to me, cost of acquisition and cost of maintenance are paramount in your list. in that case, i recommend you get an early 90s corolla. the 12 valve. and pawis steering. may sukli pa yang 150K mo. if you can get all power, well and good.
    other possibilities include the early 90s lancer.
    the smaller engine is prefered.
    i have a S3 nissan sentra EX. 1400 efi. i get an honest 8-9 km/li, city driving. power steering only. in freezing cold aircon. without feeling cramped like a sardine.
    the old city? too cramped inside.
    and don't think too much of cost of parts as deciding factor. there's a reason why some parts are more expensive than others. besides, how often do you plan on buying parts, every weekend?
    what you should concentrate on and pray for, is that the unit you buy has been cared for well. that alone can offset all your planned and unplanned expenses.
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    city is more economical than S4.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks 1D4LV.

*Dr. D

Thanks for your informative response. 10-11kml on an S4 1.4 EFI seemed really too good to me - am glad you clarified the actual consumption. Ok na sana S4 na ex kasi all power and 1.4 EFi - kala ko pa naman matipid.

This is actually for my wife so it has to be all power. As for the corolla, she doesnt like toyota - I actually almost get her one but she really didn't want it and i had to back out from a deal. The Toyota was actually my first choice. She prefers a '97 up vehicle as well so the early 90's lancer is out of the question. What about the 97 lancer 1.3 or 1.5?

Am open to other 4dr, all power, '97 up vehicles as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at 150k, and all power + fuel efficiency, mukhang city lang talaga.
    another option is also the lancer itlog gli or glxi, pero malakas ang fc if compared to the city.

what if you get her a hyundai i10? pang dp mo na lang yung 150k mo, so maliit na lang MA nyan.

the lancer 97 1.3 is not all power... power steering lang sya, pero other power requirements are not there (windows, locks, etc.). walang lancer 97 na 1.5cc. lancer GL 1.5 97 is higher pa ng 150k.

early model civics which are within your budget do not fall within your model requirement (mostly 93 ang makukuha mo...)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks sir. Ayoko na kasi mag MA at super liit nun. Mukhang City nga lang - mejo alanganin lang kasi ako sa city dahil maliit eh kaya hanap ako ng alternative.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    dillema ko rin dati yan. sentra at toyota una ko pinagpilian, then nakita ko yung 97 city exi. at isinama ko sa pinagpilian. unang naalis yung toyota kse mahal pa ang 97 - 98. average 170-200 gli na yun. so naiwan ang sentra at city. ang problema sa sentra mataas nga raw ang fc (baka biglang tumaas ulit ang gas after election, maging pang display lang ang kotse hindi magamit) ska mababa ang resale value. pero all power na. so i get the 97 city. tipid sa gas, 11-13 city driving with aircon on (one time pa lang ako nag test kse kakabili ko lang last feb 10, and hopefully mapatipid ko pa). power steering, power window yung 2 unahan. manual sa likod . central lock. comfortable naman ang 5 pasahero. i am 5'8" (driver) di naman tumatama 2hod ko sa dash. wifey is 5", sister is 5' 2", mom is 5'4". 9 year old daughter is 4' 9"

'98 Nissan Sentra S4 EX vs '97 Honda City Exi