New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Any inputs for this car? Gas consumption? Ride quality? Reliability?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buratsi View Post
    Any inputs for this car? Gas consumption? Ride quality? Reliability?
    My family has always liked crowns. Too bad they discontinued it here. I got to drive a Crown Athlete last year in Japan which is a very good car. The suspension is soft so it handles like a boat. We had the petrol variant and it was fast for its time. I think it was a 2 litre engine. I saw one last month in Greenhills. The owner put in projector HIDs, R20 chrome rims, painted the interior black and put in black leather upholstery. It looked good. His GF was also inside wearing a super short mini so I was glad he had clear glass. It's a reliable car though the parts may be hard to find now. I don't remember how it consumed fuel but I remember my dad saying it wasn't a guzzler.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the 90s crown was featured some time ago in topgear magazine. the automatic was reported to do 4-5km/li.
    my first exposure to these cars was in hongkong, where it still is de regeur in taxis. i liked it, because it had big passenger space..
    if there were more of these in good shape in the country, i'd probably get one..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Our last Crown was when RHD cars are still legal to drive on public roads. A box type bare '83 model (RHD JDM Spec). Roomy, comfortable at iba ang dating during the 90s.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Our last Crown was when RHD cars are still legal to drive on public roads. A box type bare '83 model (RHD JDM Spec). Roomy, comfortable at iba ang dating during the 90s.
    ^up until now pa din naman, especially those restored ones.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Back during the late 80s, my dad used to have a Crown station wagon as a company car. It was a big car compared to others back then and it had a 2.8L inline 6-cylinder engine.