New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    I would consider the first gen Starex. It is spacious and comfortable for long out of town trips. It is tested reliable with available parts. And its a relatively frugal diesel.
    The starex is a good vehicle in it's own right pero I'm not really into vans sir, thanks for the suggestion though!

topgear magazine has a regular column on older cars.. if you can get these.. i vaguely remember the early cefiro, the not-so-old accord, but not sure of the camry..
    the 90s accord... i find its passenger amenities "too small", considering it is supposed to be a midsized..
    i find the late 90s cefiro and camry, as the more handsome ones for me..
    Thanks for the tip, I'm still looking for the differences between the variants. I also registered on the cefiro club, also got lots of info there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    I would consider the first gen Starex. It is spacious and comfortable for long out of town trips. It is tested reliable with available parts. And its a relatively frugal diesel.
    The starex is a good vehicle in it's own right pero I'm not really into vans sir, thanks for the suggestion though!

topgear magazine has a regular column on older cars.. if you can get these.. i vaguely remember the early cefiro, the not-so-old accord, but not sure of the camry..
    the 90s accord... i find its passenger amenities "too small", considering it is supposed to be a midsized..
    i find the late 90s cefiro and camry, as the more handsome ones for me..
    Thanks for the tip, I'm still looking for the differences between the variants. I also registered on the cefiro club, also got lots of info there.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by keto View Post

Sir, have you acquired a Cefiro already? How was it in terms of maintenance and FC?

Quote Originally Posted by keto View Post

Sir, have you acquired a Cefiro already? How was it in terms of maintenance and FC?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Have driven both the elite cefiro and the 2.0 camry. For the ride comfort the cefiro wins. Good on road imperfections and icy cold aircon. The camry is generally ok and is thriftier. I get about 6.2kms/ liter in city driving while the cefiro is at 5.5 in the city

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the Cefiro, inspect carefully. It's a swell car, but the design of the V6 lends itself to expensive head gasket and warping problems when overheating does occur.

-

For the Accord... avoid the automatic at all costs. Mid-90's Honda autos are crap. The engines are nigh-obn bulletproof, though, and the VTi-L is a very, very, VERY nice car to drive.

-

For the Camry, the 2.2 is a very well-engineered car. It's also pretty rare, so parts are not as common as they are for the Corolla or even later Camry sedans.

-

I like the Galants. Ball-joints are a pain in the ass. If the previous owner went cheapo when replacing his nth ball-joint, that's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode...

-

626: Lovely car. Had one. Parts are an absolute pain in the ass.

-

These cars are all incredibly cheap secondhand for a good reason... they're expensive to own, both in terms of fuel and repair costs, compared to compact cars. You have to ask yourself... is having three or four inches more elbow room worth the hassle?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

These cars are all incredibly cheap secondhand for a good reason... they're expensive to own, both in terms of fuel and repair costs, compared to compact cars. You have to ask yourself... is having three or four inches more elbow room worth the hassle?
    Coming from a st171 corona, I know exactly what I'm getting into lol

Might not be able to get one after all, did some measurements and both the cefiro and camry would not fit in my parking space! But like what the others pointed out, expect FC to be around 5-7 km/l city driving and maintenance costs to be really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Coming from a st171 corona, I know exactly what I'm getting into lol

Might not be able to get one after all, did some measurements and both the cefiro and camry would not fit in my parking space! But like what the others pointed out, expect FC to be around 5-7 km/l city driving and maintenance costs to be really expensive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123