New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    By the way will the company pay for (or a portion) of the car?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    IMO, the Altis looks great from the outside. However in the interior, I do not like the A/C grills design. It felt like reverting to the past.
    In terms of acceleration, I must agree that the Altis is no match to the FD.
    I like the Altis' AC vents. What I don't like about the interior is the beige color theme - very oldie and easily blemished.

An FD would definitely be faster than an Altis in 0-100 times. But the 5AT of the FD isn't really the quickest out there, and the FB's is much worse. In my real world use, a transmission that downshifts the moment I need it to is more important than half second differences in acceleration, which is why a cheap, peppy manual is good enough for me.

The MT FB is too expensive. 15" rims, no fog lamps, no steering wheel audio controls, manual climate control, all for 100k more than the Altis G MT.

Haven't driven the MT FB. If they haven't dulled it down the way they castrated the AT FB and if it's offered with a discount, I might give it a second look.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I'd get the jazz its all you could ever want. Good looks. Performance. Utility. Resale value. Lots of aftermarket parts. Fuel efficiency. Space. Paddle shifters. Fun to throw around. Etc.

And it will hit the century mark in about ten seconds.
    It doesn't pass my first criteria of looking respectable and as expensive as it costs. Looks are subjective, but most laymen (non car enthusiasts) I ask agree with me that the Altis looks like a more upscale car.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The other week I saw an avanza racing against a bmw 335i along the slex. Holy cow. The bmw couldn't shake the avanza in light traffic. Once you're in triple digit speeds you hit the slower cars in front of you fast and have to find an open lane or slot. Every single time the avanza would either find a better lane/slot or catch up to the hard charging beemer. I followed for a bit in my jazz haha
    This happens to me several times a day even on the highway. You'd think any car with over 120 hp would easily make my Vios eat dust, but I've only been overtaken thrice - all because they did so on an empty piece of SCTEX, a Range Rover, Montero GLS-V, and Santa Fe R-eVGT.

As long as the road has other cars, the one with quicker responses and better mastery of the road can easily outmaneuver the one with a bigger engine.

Because of this, I don't single out performance alone anymore. As long as it's not handily outclassed by everything in its price range, I can make do with that. I look at the car's overall appeal more. At the end of the day, we buy what makes us the happiest.

Even if the Altis MT doesn't hit 100 in 10s, the few cars that do are severely lacking in the other aspects I look for. As dr.d opined a few pages back, the Altis isn't outstanding in any criteria, but comes out a winner if you average everything and look at it as a whole (looks, performance, pricing, handling, resale value, space, image).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It doesn't pass my first criteria of looking respectable and as expensive as it costs. Looks are subjective, but most laymen (non car enthusiasts) I ask agree with me that the Altis looks like a more upscale car.
    To the majority who are not car enthusiasts, the sedan body type will always appeal more. To most people that I know, the bigger the car the more upscale it looks, when speaking of the same brand/class.

And yes the Altis looks much better than the Jazz IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Can't argue with your priorities . To each his own. As for me I like the hatchback body style

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wonder why the Mazda 3 isnt getting much recommendations here. It is actually the one that gets my vote, and certainly fits all the criteria of the TS. In the case of the mz3, i actually prefer the hatchback to the sedan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    To the majority who are not car enthusiasts, the sedan body type will always appeal more. To most people that I know, the bigger the car the more upscale it looks, when speaking of the same brand/class.
    likewise majority of SUV car owners are not big guys. correct me if I'm wrong here, majority of the people whom you know particularly bachelor guys are 5'5" or below??

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Wonder why the Mazda 3 isnt getting much recommendations here. It is actually the one that gets my vote, and certainly fits all the criteria of the TS. In the case of the mz3, i actually prefer the hatchback to the sedan.
    Nasabi na ni jut na masyadong mabagal para sa kanya unless na yun 2.0 daw.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    1.6 G altis MT.

Simple ang porma pero class. (specially kung black color) at practically wise.

6 speed, for fuel efficiency pag sa highway driving.

1.6 Engine, enough displacement for city/highway combined driving. at hindi guzzler.

Instead of disc brake ang equipped sa G variant ng altis, medyo weird lang dahil yung 1.5 G ng vios MT ay naka-disc brake ang rear,

Hindi naman major issue, still either naka 4 disc brakes equipped or 2 front disc 2 drum brake combined.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast