New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    looking for a 7-seater that will last a long time. prefer a/t diesel suv. budget is around P800k. candidates are as follows:

1. everest - '04 4x2 seem to be within budget. youngest of the candidates. no pretensions and no-nonsense suv. most common negative feedback i've read is on the stiff rear that might torture my kids on long trips.

2. trooper - '00 4x4 or '01 4x2. over 5 years old. nice ride but i've read about the major problems with the injectors upon reaching 65k km. doesn't have front facing 3rd row.

3. pajero - '99-'00 4x4 or 4x2 a/t. 6-7 years old. aside from being underpowered, there are no major issues... i think. do they come with front facing 3rd row?

4. prado - '97-'99 are within range. 7-9 years old. not too many diesels around. most of those on the market have a lot of mileage in them already.

5. lc80 - '93-95' are also within range. built to last 20 or more years but are more than halfway there. might be too big for my wife to drive in the city.

non-suv candidates being considered are starex, spacegear, or innova. anything else i should consider?

anyway, what are your thoughts relative to overall performance, comfort, maintenace costs, etc.

thanks,
    edrik

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like you already done your research....

on my opinion, you cant go wrong on the 5 vehicles that you've mentioned above all of those have their strength and weaknessess...and some of them you've already pointed out....

My personal choice on the 5 that you mentioned is the Pajero...if you can get the 4M40 engine so that its not that underpowered.....It has lots of parts available and not so expensive as well.... a good off roader that will also get you anywhere as the other vehicle that you've mentioned...for me its appearance and porma is timeless...I still like its stance even though there are lot of new SUV's around already....and I think maintenace wise its much more easy to maintanin a Paj compared to the other 4...

but that's only my opinion....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, if it's my choice (which isn't) the Innova still makes the most sense. Sakin kasi waste of money getting a 4x4 especially if you never go off roading...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how about a hyundai starex?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i know someone selling his 2003 diesel a/t starex for P650,000.
    white color with 56,000+ reading on the odometer.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Hmm, if it's my choice (which isn't) the Innova still makes the most sense. Sakin kasi waste of money getting a 4x4 especially if you never go off roading...
    same thoughts here... siguro pwedeng brand new din ang makuha ng budget mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bnew innova e nalang, para hassle free ka sa repairs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like you already done your research....

on my opinion, you cant go wrong on the 5 vehicles that you've mentioned above all of those have their strength and weaknessess...and some of them you've already pointed out....

My personal choice on the 5 that you mentioned is the Pajero...if you can get the 4M40 engine so that its not that underpowered.....It has lots of parts available and not so expensive as well.... a good off roader that will also get you anywhere as the other vehicle that you've mentioned...for me its appearance and porma is timeless...I still like its stance even though there are lot of new SUV's around already....and I think maintenace wise its much more easy to maintanin a Paj compared to the other 4...

but that's only my opinion....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^bakit nagdouble post bigla pero different time??

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Delayed reaction?

Personally, Starex for the kids, maybe a Pajero for you. There are 4x2 versions, and they're perfectly serviceable vehicles with lots of toys anyway.

The Innova is a bit small compared to the other choices, but coming in under 800k as brand new, it's not a bad choice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
7-seater with P800k Budget