New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    guys,nembie here.i need help regarding this 2 cars.i just sell my toyota altis 1.6e last january.i need a new car,i want a fuel efficient but powerful engine for the weekend provincial trip.btw i love a manual tranny.which one is the best choice? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Duh?!? Its an obvious choice from your own statement of wanting a powerful engine.

Its the yaris 1.5L m/t.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    but,i like the new jazz.gwapo kasi,do you think that jazz 1.3 mt can match the spirited driving of a yaris mt?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Duh?!? Its an obvious choice from your own statement of wanting a powerful engine.

Its the yaris 1.5L m/t.

tama si GH.

pero why not 1.5 jazz nalang?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hindi ko kasi type yung paddle shift.manual trans talaga type ko.yung yaris naman eh nakakasawa ng tingnan di tulad ng jazz bago pa.kaya ba ng jazz 1.3 na tapatan ang yaris? in terms of speed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Me and my dad just test drove the 1.3 jazz last saturday. its good as an econo car but power is not that good. I heard how hard the engine revs to reach the speed you want.

If i were you, I'd get the 1.5jazz.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    so hindi pala powerful yung 1.3 na jazz.i dont like the paddle shifter talaga eh.hay naku,hirap magdecide.akala ko pa naman oks yung 1.3 na jazz.ty

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzer View Post
    but,i like the new jazz.gwapo kasi,do you think that jazz 1.3 mt can match the spirited driving of a yaris mt?
    In the lower gears, it is possible to get better performance from the Jazz 1.3L if you are willing to push the engine to the redline and use the gear shift well. But like it's previous model, beyond 100kph, performance will be rather dull but highway driving will not be a problem.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzer View Post
    hindi ko kasi type yung paddle shift.manual trans talaga type ko.yung yaris naman eh nakakasawa ng tingnan di tulad ng jazz bago pa.kaya ba ng jazz 1.3 na tapatan ang yaris? in terms of speed.
    tingnan mo in 6 months, parang kabute rin maglalabasan mga jazz, kung gusto mo di nakakasawa, and matipid sa gas, cherry qq or alto . di mo naman need speed pag city driving ka.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Get the yaris, mura lang manual nya, i think 660k all in na with free insurance. the remaining savings you'll have (over 80k since jazz is almost at 740 with insurance, etc) pambili mo nalang ng pang set up.

With the 80 k savings you can get body kits, new set of mags, and an cold air intake to further strenghten your car

In terms of power, i personally driven both 1.5 matic versions, the yaris is faster, especially off the line, compared to the jazz, the jazz tends to downshift in awkward times, and it takes longer to accelerate.

The 1.5 jazz also consumes more fuel.

In terms of interior, functionality, jazz pa din

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
honda jazz 1.3 mt vs. toyota yaris 1.5 mt