New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Can I elicit your comments for the previous-generation pickup crewcab 4x4. I'm posting for a colleague who had just purchase a farm lot in Bukidnon.

Choosing among the following: Nissan Frontier 3.2L, Toyota Hilux SR5 and Mitsubishi L200 Strada, all with manual transmission 2000-2005 models.

Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I`d go with the Frontier. Our relative in cebu has one and uses it for their farm. Stayed with them for a pretty long time until they sold it this year in exchange for a brand-new Picanto. They have some SUV's naman so the loss of their pick-up wasn't really a problem.

And ... I twice rode it and the ride was pretty fantastic considering that it is a pick-up.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I`d go with the Frontier. Our relative in cebu has one and uses it for their farm. Stayed with them for a pretty long time until they sold it this year in exchange for a brand-new Picanto. They have some SUV's naman so the loss of their pick-up wasn't really a problem.

And ... I twice rode it and the ride was pretty fantastic considering that it is a pick-up.

Frontier also, given the choices but you should also do very well to consider a 2005 Isuzu Dmax for many reasons. it sits squarely in your 650k budget.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Me I'd go with the Hilux. Tested and proven na ang durabiility ng 4x4 na Hilux. The old strada is prone to overheating (yung boxtype).

4x4 farm-duty pickup for 650T