New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks theveed for contributing.

ARB thanks for pointing out that the front suspension of a 4x2 and 4x4 Hilux are very different.

luckytruck thanks too for your remarks.

Is that true jay2? You can replace parts of your Isuzu pickup with that of a passenger type jeep? Wow that's amazing! You are right when you say that it has a high resale value. jay2 If I can find an Isuzu pickup which is within my budget, I will not think twice.

Thanks to all contributors. Hope I can still get new info (good and bad) from other tsikoteers.

Safe driving to all!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    For me first choice ko fuego kasi tipid ang 4Ja1 sa gas second choice ko Nissan ultra eagle reliable din engine nito just like my friends pick-up ten years na pero di pa na overhaul n iba gumamit to the max magpatakbo pero til now ok parin. Actually ok sana mazda pero sakit sa ulo ang R2 na engine kaya I put a TD27 engine on my mazda b2200. L200 pa swertihan lang 4d56 na engine talaga, i encountered 10 yrs na ok parin pero mostly smoke belcher talaga n raming nagkakaproblema din sa engine nato i don't agree na bulletproof ito na engine, compared sa isuzu or nissan. What i also like sa isuzu is wala na glow plug and timing chain sya less maintenance, sa nissan gear drive and may glow plug sya pero di kailangan e heat sya umaandar naman kahit malamig early in the morning.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    siyempre ultra eagle nako na nissan!!!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    1) '97 Mazda B2200
    2) '97 Isuzu Fuego
    3) '97 Nissan Eagle/Power
    4) '97 Mitsubishi L200
    5) '97 Toyota Hilux

The four can't beat the Isuzu Fuego in terms of look, performance and reliability.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    hilux! watch that "top gear" episode... nakaka-bilib

btw the mazda b2200/b2500 is actually a rebadged ford ranger, so interchangeable din yun...
    isnt it this other way around? didnt mazda come first?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabay po sila. Ford gets rebadged Mazdas for the world market, Mazda gets rebadged Fords for the U.S. market. Yun ang arrangement nila dati.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    based on the choices i would pick these in order

1) fuego
    2) L200
    3) hi-lux

i never did like the eagle series pickup nor its driving dynamics (ride, especially at the back is too rough/bouncy and the brakes are too touchy for my taste. the aircon is a blast though as with most nissans). i've never driven a b2200/ranger so cant comment on it.

we have #1 and #2 both with almost 150k on the clock and they still run pretty well.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    well too bad we dnt get the new Mazda here.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    IMHO,

The Isuzu engines are not bulletproof either... Meron aking nakita na malapit ng sumabog! Nakakatakot...

Btw, my choice would be the L200, yep, not the Nissan nor the Toyota...
    L200 would be the wisest choice, know why?

4D56 have been here for almost 20 years na! No doubt...
    PLDT still buys L300 so as the other companies...
    PCSO replaced Besta vans w/ L300's.
    Many people still prefer a simple engine like the 4D56 to assist them in
    their negosyo and family needs...
    It may not have the best power output but wherever you go may parts
    available...

If you are touring the Philippines, most likely sa mga talagang booooring places... You can always see an L300. (4D56). Mga Pastor at Pari in the provinces ive seen they invest L300's. Mas marami pa ata parts ng 4D56 sa provinces kaysa any Toyota vehicles around... So there will be no problem kung may breakdown po kayo sa rural or urban areas.

L200/L300 have been a business assistant as well as a farmers assistant. No doubt, mas okay ang L200.

Magtanong ka sa lahat ng mekaniko, I bet, alam nila ano ang 4D56.

Di ba po, kitang kita sa dalawa nating mga mata na talagang hard working ang mga 4D56 engines...

A well maintained/well cared L200/L300 can serve you 5 years or more w/o breakdown... Thats my personal testimony...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
4x2 Pick Up Ranking