New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

alin ang mas reliable, less maintenance head-aches and locally has abundant of parts, at mura ang parts??

and which would you choose and why?

paki merge nalang kung may comparo between these engines.

thanx!

wala reply pala to... up ko lang baka may magkainterest sumagot..

minus nalang ang 3L-te, eliminated na sa choices ko yun..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    4m40 = strada , 1kz-te = hilux . ask ko lang po anong sasakyan ang gumagamit ng engine na 3L-Te ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fedor View Post
    4m40 = strada , 1kz-te = hilux . ask ko lang po anong sasakyan ang gumagamit ng engine na 3L-Te ?
    1KZ-TE - Prado. 4m40 - Pajero fieldmaster 2.8L diba?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    1KZ-TE - Prado. 4m40 - Pajero fieldmaster 2.8L diba?
    Yep... 4M41 is 2.8L
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Yep... 4M41 is 2.8L
    Uhhh... the 4M41 is 3.2L already. It's the one being used in the current Pajero & Strada. :fyi:

===

Isn't the 1KZ-TE being used currently in the PHDM Prado? If so, this has a little bit more torque than the 4M40.

===

3L-TE? First time that I've heard of this engine but from the engine code mask this is a Toyota engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    3lte--i think toyota didnt create a 3lt-e as far as ive heard its only 2lt-e that was created and also a 5L used in 3.0L grandia, althouhg some place turbos in their 3L maybe they called it 3L-t...4m-40 is a 2,8 ued in pajero,4m-41 ia 3.2 used in stradas and pajero crdi models,..1kz-te are used in hilux surfs and other prados our prado here is still equipped with the 1kz-te engine..our toyota hilux and fortuners are equipped with 1kd-ftv 16valve dohc....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Uhhh... the 4M41 is 3.2L already. It's the one being used in the current Pajero & Strada. :fyi:

===

Isn't the 1KZ-TE being used currently in the PHDM Prado? If so, this has a little bit more torque than the 4M40.

===

3L-TE? First time that I've heard of this engine but from the engine code mask this is a Toyota engine.
    Yep, the 4M41 is the one in the current Pajero, while the 4M40 is in the FM Pajero, while the 1KZ-TE is in the current PHDM Prado released by TMPI. I think the 1KZ-TE is more powerful and is torquier than the 4M40.

As to parts, however, I'm not too sure. Perhaps the 4M40 would have more parts because the Pajero FM was distributed by Mitsu Phils, while the 1KZ-TE, although the powerplant of other Toyotas, was only distributed by TMPI in the Prado.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oopppssss... Sorry sirs... 4M40 pala.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    3LT - prone to overheating ang toyota "L" engine. Mahina daw cylinder head nyan.

4m40, 3L-Te or 1KZ-te?