New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    im looking for a 2nd hand car which is within the 400-500k budget. it must be less than 5 years old and must be automatic. what can you recommend? my choices currently are the ff:

2003-2005 1.6e/ g toyota altis
    2003-2005 honda civic vti or vti-s a/t
    2004- 2005 mazda 3
    ?

it will be used for city driving only. im not considering getting a getz/ picanto or any of those small cars since we already have a honda jazz so i need a sedan type of car which is enought for a family of three. im actually torn between getting a honda civic es or a toyota altis but i feel both are still priced very high despite its age. the honda city is a practical choice but i dont like its design plus we already have a jazz. im hoping i could change on a mazda 3 hatchback though within the price range i mentioned.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Altis ako sa 3 lang na yan....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my first choice would be the Mazda 3. my second will be the altis.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Altis would be my choice, I like the leg room it offers especially for my height

Just a side note: if you can spare an extra 50k why not get a brand new 1.3 Vios? With warranties pa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdude View Post
    im looking for a 2nd hand car which is within the 400-500k budget. it must be less than 5 years old and must be automatic. what can you recommend? my choices currently are the ff:

2003-2005 1.6e/ g toyota altis
    2003-2005 honda civic vti or vti-s a/t
    2004- 2005 mazda 3
    ?

it will be used for city driving only. im not considering getting a getz/ picanto or any of those small cars since we already have a honda jazz so i need a sedan type of car which is enought for a family of three. im actually torn between getting a honda civic es or a toyota altis but i feel both are still priced very high despite its age. the honda city is a practical choice but i dont like its design plus we already have a jazz. im hoping i could change on a mazda 3 hatchback though within the price range i mentioned.
    you may want to check out nissans. very reliable... although di gaano ma-porma. with your budget, madami ka pagpipilian, may sukli pa for PMS, although medyo nasa 2000-2001 model ranges yung mga cars. even so, you can always seek out the pampered cars for that kind of money.

civics are great, but you have to pick out the fresh ones, else mapunta sayo yung mga sakit ng ulo. things to look out for in any honda engine:

1. any honda engine, once overheated, could be bad news.
    2. coolant levels must stay within normal levels, hindi nagbabawas.
    3. intact original suspension components (very impt... pricey ang replacements, and the vti-s models type ES civics aren't known for their ruggedness).
    4. automatic tranny must not judder either at high or low cruise speeds. mahal and pagawa nyan, mahal din ang surplus.

i've owned 3 civics na... and while they're excellent and reliable, medyo nakaka-asar magpagawa ng underchassis. buti kung mura, eh mahal din eh hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    considering the space Toyota altis is the one
    if Porma Mazda3 instock kasi nakaprojector lamps ka na that one cool thing

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    As mentioned by darksword_08

Toyota altis is good pero sa porma Mazda 3. Do you tried the mitsubishi? I'm selling my 2005 Lancer swak sa budget mo. txt me at 0915.942.3555

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mazda3s are good. Still hard to get some parts, but they're coming in, slowly but surely (we're finding out about a non-casa source of shocks this weekend... :thumbup: ).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Among the choices, my pick would be the Altis. But if you can stretch the budget a little more, why not go for a brand new Vios J or Avanza J ?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The Altis is my pick of the three.

But if you want something with a little more room inside...look for a second-hand 2005-model Jazz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
400-500k budget, what will you get?