9 52.94%
  • Optra

1 5.88%
  • Others

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please help. i suggested a Vios kasi matipid. but my mom and brother is also looking into a City or an Optra.

can you give the Pros & Cons for these cars.

for the current owners of these cars, hows the fuel consumption? maintenance cost? replacement parts prices & availability?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CG, City ka na. Although they are both excellent fuel consuming vehicles, mas malaki and spacious ang interiors ng City kesa sa Vios. Resale value is almost the same too. Maintenance, Hondas are maintained every 10k kms, compared to 5k kms for Toyotas so medyo matipid ng onti and negates the cost of parts for Hondas dahil mas mataas lang ng onti ang price ng parts ng Honda.

more information here:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11407

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    For me its a toss between the vios or city. If your looking on getting a 1.3 auto tranny city ka nalang. Wala kasi a/t ang 1.3 vios. The city is more spacious than the vios. One thing i dont like with the city is how it looks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Basing from past feedbacks of our fellow tsikoteers, ang mas matipid sa manual vios yung City CVT. Don't care too much about looks, at the end of the day, it's just something you use to get from A to B. ^_^

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    city or vios you can't go wrong. Optra? Dami ko narinig na horror story.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks to all your replies.

My mom is already between getting a Vios or City. but since City has 1.3 A/T, it gets most of her attention. But seems like the Lancer GLS is getting into the picture.

anyway, at the end of the day, it's still her choice. ;)
    Last edited by CaRGirL; September 17th, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A City or Vios will do... but if it's first gen City versus first gen Vios, it's the City by a landslide... the old Vios is just too small for a family car (though perfect for a bachelor's ride... good looking, quick and easy to set-up).

The Optra has more space, but fuel economy and the performance you get for the lower fuel economy don't make it worth choosing over the City.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL View Post
    Thanks to all your replies.

My mom is already between getting a Vios or City. but since City has 1.3 A/T, it gets most of her attention. But seems like the Lancer GLS is getting into the picture.

anyway, at the end of the day, it's still her choice. ;)
    kung kasama sa option ang Lancer GLS, dito ako. Mas complete ang features.
    yun nga lang if you would compare the FC/FE, talo sya sa Vios and City.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    meron akong friend into buy and selling biz, twice na nakakuha ng Optra around 260-280k. in fairly acceptable condition.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For me, if you do get an Optra, I'd prefer getting a later model, one with the ECU reprogramming... with a first-generation one, you're not sure if reprogramming has been done, and what kind of engine damage may have resulted from faulty programming.

The Lancer is an interesting, if somewhat under-rated car... and if it's secondhand, you won't have to put up with the Lancer's biggest problem... casa service...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast