New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by single_ma View Post
    Business, but not purely delivery of goods. This will also be used in transporting passengers from a resort to specific places, the reason Im considering those four options, since I can place goods on the back where the rear seats can be folded.
    The Mitsu L300 FB would be perfect. There are also versions with and without A/C unit at the front and back cabins.

Oh by the way, I wont be driving this van. I will have dedicated one. So no worries for myself if you guys think a single mom will do driving. He He He.
    Well, women have eternally been complaining about equal opportunity and treatment as men... so... why not?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you Ghosthunter for this. Im considering the Exceed not the cab version.
    The L300 Exceed will be more expensive than the FB model for the same year/vintage. The open cargo capacity will also be more limited to the last third of the vehicle but of course you can still place small cargo pieces between the seats at the mid-section of the van.

With your limited budget, do you really think the Exceed is the better choice?

BTW, you would be carrying cargo or passengers more often? or both at the same time? (how many people?)

What type of cargo? Just thinking laterally. Maybe a pickup crewcab with a camper shell would be better? Seats five people in relative comfort and the rear flatbed can carry big cargo securely. Rough roads will be less of a problem.

How about the Mitsu DELICA? 4x4 van.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sasakit ang ulo? How and why? What's your proof? You drove hi-ace for 10 years aight. Then how can you say 'sasakit ang ulo'. No offense meant Sir, but Im looking for an objective review here.
    The aircon not cooloing well and the tendency to overheat of the L300 is what I meant by sakit ng ulo. What I meant is that we used the Hiace for about 10 years and ok pa siya nung binenta namin.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Maybe ang ibig sabihin niya, he compared his l300 and his hi-ace, and found out that MAYBE the l300, is more pricey when it comes to maintenance cost, which I dont believe
    In a way, mas mahal ang maintenance ng L300 namin dati kasi laging sira. Mas mura parts ng L300 pero mas madalas din pagawa so it ends up more expensive to maintain than the Hiace.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    In a way, mas mahal ang maintenance ng L300 namin dati kasi laging sira. Mas mura parts ng L300 pero mas madalas din pagawa so it ends up more expensive to maintain than the Hiace.
    which L300 model do you have and what is its normal use? family van? delivery van? etc?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The L300 FB is a pretty good van if you're into delivery, but if you're going to use it to ferry guests to the resort, the marginal airconditioning and poor rust-proofing and insulation of the regular L300 Versa Van is a minus compared to the Hiace or the Pregio.

The MB100 is a nice van... when it's working. But it's complete crap as it gets older... the plastics are pretty brittle and the transmission is quite weak.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The L300 FB is a pretty good van if you're into delivery, but if you're going to use it to ferry guests to the resort, the marginal airconditioning and poor rust-proofing and insulation of the regular L300 Versa Van is a minus compared to the Hiace or the Pregio..
    Well, its not that Boracay has hotel guest shuttle service using Suzuki mini-front-cabs (w/ rear AC) as their vehicle of choice to ferry guests between the hotel and the pier.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    which L300 model do you have and what is its normal use? family van? delivery van? etc?
    Ours was a '94 Versa Van Diesel, somehow the A/C is always acting up and it had a tendency to overheat when stuck in traffic and not to mention that it feels like hell on the drivers seat with the heat coming from the engine. Our Hiace never suffered from all these problems, the only thing that broke in the Hiace was the A/C cooling coil but when it broke, the van was already 7 years old and after the replacement of the cooling coil, we never had problems with it again till the day we sold it.

The L300 was used as a family vehicle, it was used for my mom's grocery runs and by my nephews and nieces as their school service.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The L300 FB is a pretty good van if you're into delivery, but if you're going to use it to ferry guests to the resort, the marginal airconditioning and poor rust-proofing and insulation of the regular L300 Versa Van is a minus compared to the Hiace or the Pregio.

The MB100 is a nice van... when it's working. But it's complete crap as it gets older... the plastics are pretty brittle and the transmission is quite weak.
    plastic brittle? ive got a 1996-1997 model mb100 van.. and some says (the interior) that it still looks like new... transmission is not weak its just noisey... ive already logged more than 580T kms... with my mb100.. and take note i use it for public transport loaded with 18 passengers... driving hard... i usually floor the gas pedals... calibrated it only once... and after 540t kms. rebuild the vacuum pump bearing ... and cleaned the combustion cambers.. never pa ako nag palit ng timing chain... seats still looks good... real value for money...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2nd hand van reviews