New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Good day mga bro,

anong masasabi ninyo sa mga second hand car like mits. GSR and VR 6 kasi plano kong bumili ng ganitong klaseng car, what do you think? i saw some in classified ads and they range from 250,000 to 300,000. is it worth to buy this kind of car.pls help me to decide. pls advise also other 2nd hand car to buy.

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    GSR? That's a Lancer. Nice car, Invecs a little pricey to maintain if you have any problems. The IACV and A/C the only recurring problems I've heard of.

Pluses are it's comfortable, suprisingly roomy for a two-door, stylish, with good leather and decently powerful for a 1.6 AT. I've ridden in the back of one all the way to Batangas, and it's liveable and cozy if there are just one or two of you back there... The radio is merely decent (of course, it's old... ) and airbags are a plus.

Minuses are a slow INVECS manual mode, merely ordinary driving dynamics (not as good as you'd expect given the looks) and the aforementioned maintenance issues. I'm not sure whether they're major or minor, and I'd wait for the Mitsu boys to chime in regarding this.

I think you can get MT GSRs for around that price (not sure) pero drum brakes lang sa likod and no ABS. The later GSR with INVECS AT and 4-wheel disc brakes may stll be going for 350k or so, but I haven't been checking prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Also, the pre-millennium GSRs only have a 115PS engine, while the newer ones have the Cyclone with 124. It's quite ironic though that the manual gearbox was no longer available with the more powerful engine.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    How about ung gas consumption? malakas ba sa gas ang car na ito?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The GSR? Never really paid attention when I had a chance to drive one, but from feedback, it's average for a 1.6.

The Galant VR6 would be thirstier, being a bigger car with a V6 (2.5 ba, peeps?), pero I'll let the Mitsu boys talk about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I got a friend who has a GSR, matulin din. Pinaabot na nya ng 200kph top speed from tagaytay junction to silang. Wala naman major defects, usual na yung replacement of aircon parts, suspension, etc.

V6 Galant? Expect around 7Km per liter or below. Pero sa comfort, performance and handling, mas ok sya than most 1600 cars, para ka na ring naka luxury car

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    galant masarap i drve,maluwang,malakas sa akyatan..matulin,malakas lang sobra sa gas..hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    galant VR V6 - 6A12 2.0L V6 around 165hp
    an 8G 1998 model goes for around 360k these days... personally i'd go for the 8G "shark look" rather than the 7G since the 7G's are getting old..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mine is for sale.ahihihi...sorry ot

6.5-7 kms/liter gas consumption for a v6 isnt so bad...bawi mo sa highway yan that will average 8.

di mo naman kailangan ibaon lagi ang paa mo kasi konting diin lang umaandar ka na!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hoy no plugging allowed!!! hehehe

para sa invecs2 na pizza, i average around 7-8 km/liter, hataw mode na lagi. pero bitin sa hatak kahit ipasok mo sa manual mode.

di ka magsisisi sa galant, lakas na makina, lakas pa ng dating. kaya din itipid. biased ba?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2nd hand Mitsibushi Galant GSR & VR 6