New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    How come most 2nd hand Civic hatches are more expensive than their sedan counterparts of the same year? Are they built better, or is it because they're less common than the Civic sedans?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If that is true then it's the law of supply and demand.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm assuming you are referring to the EG Civic (1992-1995).

They are really less common, particularly the 94 to 95 models.

It is also being collected by some or worked on with an engine swap, since they only came in 1200 or 1300 cc engines, AFAIK.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i dont know why the fuzz over this hatchback. during its time, people's car ng lang yan

and when I was in the US in '95, yun pinsan ko dating jeepney driver na nakapunta Sa America, yan ang una niya binili duon bec. he was just a grave yard shift sikyu and a dishwasher by day. pinakamura daw na ok noon sa California.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    because they use it as a trick-out car... and I guess your paying for the lighter body and the endless after-market tuning possibilities...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i dont know, but i think the stock hatch and stock sedan 1.5LX and 1.6ESi price is the same the last time i checked.

i just observed that the hatch is always priced higher when it is tricked out.
    but if its true, that's nice cos i like the EG sedan better than the hatch.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think there are a lot of racer wannabes with their hatchbacks because of the lightweight chassis and the idea that you could swap a b16 or almost any honda engine on it. cheapest way to go fast.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The price range is usually higher for the hatch, simply because it's less common and in demand.

Also, the hatch came with a very small engine... small-engined variants of the same vehicle often lose less in terms of resale value over time (here in the Philippines) due to perceived fuel-efficiency.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Law of Supply and demand.
    Young drivers prefer this due to the availablity of go faster parts, easy engine swap, faster, looks.
    There are lots of teenage driver who want this car because of that and parents prefer this due to its cheaper price than a honda Sir.

2nd Hand Honda Hatch - Why More Expensive Than Civic Sedan?