New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hey guys,

i'm a newbie here and i'm thinking of taking the leap and buying a 2nd hand european car. i'm just not sure which one is the best since i really have no idea. i'm thinking between an audi a4 2000 series or a bmw 97 318i or a MB 96 C220. more or less these cars are in the same price range. thanks a bunch!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Welcome to the wonderful world of tsikot!

Just my experiences:

BMW - an absolute dream to drive, ride and own... best stock suspension I've ever felt: firm but not sports-car jarring, you barely feel our nice roads... I would suggest at least the 6-cyl cars, the BMW 4-cyls parang 1.3 tumakbo... It takes 10-15 years before any real maintenance... that's why this is my daily driver.

Audi (never owned 1, hanggang '00 A6 test drive lang) - interior not as impressive as the BMW or MB. Was kinda slow for a 6-cyl, ride felt like an Accord... so nope, don't like it.

MB - faster sa arangkada but not recta than BMW... suspension is much softer, a little more comfy but you can't zigzag thru traffic the way a BMW can... terrible maintenance, if my BMW file is 1 inch thick (that's a 15 yr old car), the files for our MBs go over 2-3 inches... Interiors: ok, not very avant garde. Nice looking quality until you park in the sun, then you come back to melted plastic. Electronics have some tendency to fry themselves (haven't encountered this in our newer BMW). Easy parts availability, yun lang mahal.

Btw, had the chance to test an ML55 AMG vs X5 4.4i, I was shocked na matulin by far yung X5. Give me a BMW any day.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Check consumer report.com

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    mahina ba sa rekta ang benz?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    How about Certified Pre-owned BMW from the dealers? M ay Expo sila ngayon. At least the cars are checked by the casa and has a complete service record.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    benz or bimmer, masikip lang ang bimmer 3 series

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    To be driven: BMW
    To be ridden in: Benz

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hey thanks for the tips flagg and siakol...

herbularyo san yung expo ng mga certified pre-owned bmws? is this the one sa prestige cars? tendency yata sa mga ganon mejo overpriced di ba? but then again if it has complete service records then i guess it's relatively more "reliable" right? hmm...it seems that there aren't many comments about audi. was leaning towards one i saw recently kasi and i really don't know if it's a b**ch to maintain. by the way do i have to pay any extra taxes pa when i buy a euro car? sorry ha i'm totally clueless eh. thanks again

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox
    hey thanks for the tips flagg and siakol...

herbularyo san yung expo ng mga certified pre-owned bmws? is this the one sa prestige cars? tendency yata sa mga ganon mejo overpriced di ba? but then again if it has complete service records then i guess it's relatively more "reliable" right? hmm...it seems that there aren't many comments about audi. was leaning towards one i saw recently kasi and i really don't know if it's a b**ch to maintain. by the way do i have to pay any extra taxes pa when i buy a euro car? sorry ha i'm totally clueless eh. thanks again
    Mahal ng mga P50k-100k mga certified so worth it naman.

Always ask for a copy of the OR/CR, lalo na kung gray market so you can have it checked sa TMG.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NSL
    mahina ba sa rekta ang benz?
    May kinarera me W210 na E240 sa skyway. Syempre naiwan me at the beginning, but from 120km/h to 180 km/h nakahabol me and iniwan ko sya. Dunno, baka natakot. But... my BMW can hit 200 no problem. Yung 260E namin hanggang 185 lang ayaw na tumaas.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
which 2nd hand euro car is best to buy: bmw, mercedes or audi?