New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Hello Mga Sir,

Patulong naman to decide. I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car, may first car actually. budget 350k-400k or less mas better

City 2010/altis 2010 or 11/wigo 2014-15 / or suggestions.

I've been asking here and there sa iba ibang specific thread of the car. Pero mas better siguro kung sa in general ako mg tanong.

1st timer mg car. im commuting daily from dasma cavite to makati.
    Purpose ng car pra sa family pag may lakad (4 to 5 kami pag naalis) or date with gf pag weekends or walang pasok. And balak na mg sarili (kasal) < kaya bitin ang budget since sa kasal and kung may matira sa future house.
    Might use the car sa office from time to time pero baka mg bus pa din since isang straight lng from dasma to makati sa bus.

So ayun, tulong naman guys, kakatapos ko lng mag aral actually mg drive ng manual hehe. salamat sa sasagot.!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap13 View Post
    Hello Mga Sir,

Patulong naman to decide. I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car, may first car actually. budget 350k-400k or less mas better

I've been asking here and there sa iba ibang specific thread of the car. Pero mas better siguro kung sa in general ako mg tanong.

Purpose ng car pra sa family pag may lakad (4 to 5 kami pag naalis) or date with gf pag weekends or walang pasok. And balak na mg sarili (kasal) < kaya bitin ang budget since sa kasal and kung may matira sa future house.
    Might use the car sa office from time to time pero baka mg bus pa din since isang straight lng from dasma to makati sa bus.

So ayun, tulong naman guys, kakatapos ko lng mag aral actually mg drive ng manual hehe. salamat sa sasagot.!
    The Altis will fit all your needs since this is the only compact car in your list. Remember it is a toyota so having it service outside will not be a pain in the arse or having it serviced at the dealer will not cost you an arm and leg.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    scratch out the wigo, since you will be using it for 5.

City
    - looks good, drives good. however, 5 may not fit properly, although ubra.
    - great fuel consumption.
    - excellent resale value
    - looks better with a GF.

Altis
    - bigger, but power wise, would just be equal to the city.
    - would fit 5 people comfortably.
    - however, could be prone to the rack and pinion issue
    - looks better with a wife and kid....

Other options:

FD Civic, actually, i think a better option that these two.

and oh, if possible get an AT.... lupet ng trapik. di ka magsisisi.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a wigo.
    yes, cross it off the list. unless your passengers are little children.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd look for a Civic FD. The 1.8L models just strikes a good balance in usable space and performance. Just make sure to check the engine supports.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    The Altis will fit all your needs since this is the only compact car in your list. Remember it is a toyota so having it service outside will not be a pain in the arse or having it serviced at the dealer will not cost you an arm and leg.
    Altis + 1 thanks sir

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    scratch out the wigo, since you will be using it for 5.

City
    - looks good, drives good. however, 5 may not fit properly, although ubra.
    - great fuel consumption.
    - excellent resale value
    - looks better with a GF.

Altis
    - bigger, but power wise, would just be equal to the city.
    - would fit 5 people comfortably.
    - however, could be prone to the rack and pinion issue
    - looks better with a wife and kid....

Other options:

FD Civic, actually, i think a better option that these two.

and oh, if possible get an AT.... lupet ng trapik. di ka magsisisi.
    Thanks sir sa sagot. nalinawan ako sa mga sasakyan na to!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a wigo.
    yes, cross it off the list. unless your passengers are little children.
    Yup, naisip ko nga din, definitely not getting small car.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd look for a Civic FD. The 1.8L models just strikes a good balance in usable space and performance. Just make sure to check the engine supports.
    Thank sir! same answer with sir 1D4LV. how much pa po ba ito civi, I searched in OLX mostly 450k++ pa sya
    definitely not in the budget, pero meron nsa 400k less dunno if thats ok.

And i saw some Mazda 3 1.6 2010 model. around 300k sorry nadagdag sa options. since mas mura sya, makakagaan sa budget, but worth it ba na kunin un mazda 3 compare sa mga nauna ko options kung mgtitipid ako?

in-terms of maintenance ba, FC, registration bka mas makakagastos ako?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap13 View Post
    Hello Mga Sir,

OOT.

Since you mentioned your plans and intentions already, and need to stretch on what you have in your budget. If I was in your feet, here is what I will do intend to get and buy.

1. House (with garage).
    2. Vehicle
    3. Wedding.

I put first in mind to prioritize number 1, although #2 and #1, can be both achieve, if #2 is budgeted down, like P100k less.

Since #3, is in your plan. It would be nice to know that after getting wed with your gf, both of you have already got a place to stay and call a home.

Although #2 can be replace anytime in the future.

It is only my opinion or point of view, just sharing what I thought if I was in your feet. But the decisions will always be yours.

Starmobile Up+

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    between house and car, house is always number one on my list.
    no buts.
    and make sure it has garage space for the car.

yes, i know... it will probably take 5 to 10 times more, but one has to start somewhere, right?
    Last edited by dr. d; July 10th, 2016 at 10:35 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    OOT.

Since you mentioned your plans and intentions already, and need to stretch on what you have in your budget. If I was in your feet, here is what I will do intend to get and buy.

1. House (with garage).
    2. Vehicle
    3. Wedding.

I put first in mind to prioritize number 1, although #2 and #1, can be both achieve, if #2 is budgeted down, like P100k less.

Since #3, is in your plan. It would be nice to know that after getting wed with your gf, both of you have already got a place to stay and call a home.

Although #2 can be replace anytime in the future.

It is only my opinion or point of view, just sharing what I thought if I was in your feet. But the decisions will always be yours.

Starmobile Up+
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    between house and car, house is always number one on my list.
    no buts.
    and make sure it has garage space for the car.

yes, i know... it will probably take 5 to 10 times more, but one has to start somewhere, right?
    Yup sir I agree to the both of you, I also have that in my plans. siningit ko lang talaga un budget for the 2nd hand car since sa pera ko I think I can. Why wait kung need ko na sya. kaya naisipan ko din bawasan un budget to 300k nung nakita ko ung mazda 3. Sa house, may money na ako for atleast 50% dp sa subdivision around sta. maria bulacan. Kaso Hindi na daw available yung may garage but pwede naman sa harap daw since maluwag naman, syempre I'm looking with the garage one, pinagsasabay ko nga lang ung pag canvass now heheh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Like I said in the other thread, a 1.6 Mazda 3 is an awful choice. Poor FC, no power.

2.0 is a better buy for roughly the same price but it still has poor FC. More power and toys though.

Best bet would be the Altis. Turns out it's cheaper than a similarly-aged City. Mas maganda pa rin ride ng Altis sa City. FC is the same, power is comparable (City has more top end power, Altis has more low end power).

Manual Altises are cheaper by about 20-30k, if you can live with it. Also, any Altis that's less than 350k is probably full of problems. Decent automatic units are usually 370k and up.

On getting a house in Bulacan - not my thing especially if you work in Makati. Just imagine the traffic, toll, and gas expenses on a daily basis. You'll be on the road 5 hours a day.

But if your point is just to have a house you can call your home, then sure go for it. I think a condo is much more convenient and practical for a starting family - you can always move up to a bigger house in a better location later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; July 10th, 2016 at 01:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2nd hand comparison: City 2010/altis 2010/wigo 2014-15 / or suggestions