The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    230k budget.... for an AT car

i'm torn between 96 - 98 Civic VTI and 99 - 2000 Exalta STA

ano pipiliin ninyo?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The Exalta STA is a luxury car from Nissan di ba? Mas ok sana yun. Pero mas malakas ata sa gas.
    Porma mas ok ang Civic. Luxury ride go for the Exalta STA.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If fuel consumption is an issue get the Civic, Exalta's fc is a bit high for me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    If you are after the features, looks, go for the Exalta STA. It has a better interior, exterior than the Civic. Nissan spare parts are much cheaper than most Hondas in the local market.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my brother in law got an Exalta AT. he is really happy with it. executive ang dating. full features.. wood interiors. yung iba may sunroof pa.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm getting in between 7-8KM/L with my '98 Civic VTi A/T.

Not sure about the Exalta, but if there isn't much difference in gas consumption then maybe the Exalta would be a better choice.

In terms of reliability, no problems with the civic. Di pa kami nasisiraan sa road due to any engine/transmission/suspension problems.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I'm getting in between 7-8KM/L with my '98 Civic VTi A/T.

Not sure about the Exalta, but if there isn't much difference in gas consumption then maybe the Exalta would be a better choice.

In terms of reliability, no problems with the civic. Di pa kami nasisiraan sa road due to any engine/transmission/suspension problems.
    i think that is the same FC with my bro-in-law's exalta.
    the good thing with the exalta is the engine... nissan engines are known to be very durable. naka timing chain pa.

but then again, it all boils down to the previous owner on how he maintained his car, specially on the transmission area..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'd get the 6th gen Civic. Fuel economy is good at about 8-9 km/L. But when you give it gas, you'll forget that you're driving a sedan (with 4 other passengers in it, s#!tting bricks) when you change gears at 5,000-6,000 RPM. whooooohooo! I felt dismayed when my mom decided to sell it last year.

Handling is great as well; Double-wishbone suspension up front and fully-independent rear suspension on the 98 Civic vs. McPherson struts in the front and multi-link beam rear suspension on the Exalta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well i'm still torn between the two... i guess i just have to hunt for the two cars that are up for sale... kung ano yung magandang condition eh di yun na

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    civic na yan. it just plain looks better.

2nd hand AT car/sedan