New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Well, this is funny, I just updated the other thread about the comparison of these three gas fed vans which I started more than a year ago and here I am again, seeking your professional opinions again . Anyway, I currently own a Gas Fed Revo GLX, which by the way I enjoy owning as its pretty reliable, then suddenly crossed my mind this Pajero, Gen 2 "Intercooler" Automatic Transmission version. I am really impressed with its presence, macho stance, more durable look (astig), 4x4 capabilities, higher flood wading capability, minimal to no engine electronics, more comfortable and convenient as its an automatic and of course its a diesel! and etc. Though I'm a bit worried on the higher maintenance costs due to more oil needed, higher costs on filters, higher cost of Tires, etc. If you were in my shoes, which one will you prefer? Retain the Revo or replace it with the Paj? You might say if you have the means, then go with the Paj, but would that extra be worth it? Will it be more reasonable/justifiable? Same as the Revo, the Pajero will be treated as a family car too.

Sorry if I might share this burden again . Thank you for those who will share your insights!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Up on this please. Care to share any comments?

Thank you

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post

Thank you

Thank you
    If I were you sir, Ill have my revo replaced with the more durable, more macho pajero gen 2.. but i would suggest get the M/T for for reliability and more control..plus pa more fuel efficient than A/T version.
    I have the same ride 1995 model local Gen 2 M/T and it served me well for 6 years of ownership untill now (got it 2nd hand last 2009)..
    pero heads up due to its old age,. for sure madami nang lalabas na pagawain.. which is normal naman for any old cars..
    nasa owner nalang yan kung paano nya alagaan at imentain ang sasakyan and kahit luma pa yan, mas reliable pa yan sa bnew computer controlled cars..
    one of the reason i opted for this car is because of no ecu on engines.. maybe only for the heater plug ecu.. but thats it.. nothing fancy or high tech with regards to engine control thats why masira man, kahit sinong backyard mechanic, kaya nilang kalikutin ang sasakyan.
    naalala ko kwento ng friend ko sa iloilo after daw ng mlaking baha due to typhoon frank, tahimik ang paligid..pero the following day, ang unang tunog ng makina na narinig nila ay ang sa crosswind, pajero at adventure...hehe. the rest of the modern cars, nakapila ng weeks or even months sa casa for repairs.

and because its a 4x4, walang takot saan man mahulog ang gulong mo.. a feature i need because i sometimes go offroad.
    regarding the parts, may option tayo..cheaper replacement or surplus parts.. and much expensive but longer service life bnew oem which we can get from mitparts, motorix etc.
    fuel consumption, im sure mas matipid ang pajero sa gas revo a/t.. my pajero gives me 13-14 kpl hiway.. and 10-11 kpl city.
    tires, oil filters, ofcourse, much more expensive dahil sa size nya. and quantity.
    pero hindi naman ganun kalaki difference..
    madami parin choices of brands which is cheaper but also performs great like savero, delium or runway for tires, vic for filters and caltexfor engine oil.. hindi rin maselan sa diesel itong pajero dahil nga old school diesel lang sya kaya no worries sa maikakargang diesel unlike sa crdi engines.

btw , heres the photo of my 20 year old pajero at 195000kms. still going strong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0203-2-.jpg  

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    More of my ride's photos sir.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0213-2-.jpg   img_0247-2-.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post

Thank you

Thank you
    Yes I would go with a Gen 2 Pajero, you mean the gen 2 with a 4d56 intercooler turbo producing 100ps or the gen 2.5 Field master with a 4M40 2.8 with 128ps?
    The 2.5 has the same engine with the L3 and Advie with just an intercooler turbo and this Pajero is offered with a 4WD system which is not offered in th FM 2.5 gen from 2001-2007.
    It has a more spacious space and powerful engine than the revo glx you have which is powered by a 1.8l(7k?) engine producing 95 ps a little underpowered for a Gas engine they say it guzzles gas(Lola owns one actually an has travelled 232k kms on it, I miss lola =()
    The pajero is very macho,reliable and a real 4wd we use to have one it handles just like the Trooper and it is really capable in off roading without any mods.

cost of tires di nagkakalayo sa cost ng tires ng crosswind and montero around 5k-6k
    Last edited by crosswind; June 30th, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I would go for the diesel Gen 2 Pajero IF it is original left hand drive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene emmanuel View Post
    Ganda sir eugene emmanuel sobrang clean.
    Miss that green gen 2

Miss that green gen 2

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Miss that green gen 2

Miss that green gen 2
    Thanks sir crosswind !

layo na dn tinakbo ng revo nyo ah!

yeah, green/silver is one of Gen 2's original colors..

mine is originally galaxy blue/silver.. i just have it repainted to the current color (metallic silver/grey)..

heres my Pajero in its original color combination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf2313.jpg  

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Wala talagang kuwenta ang mga converted na sasakyan, the only converted vehicle that I would buy are trucks, binabalasubas lang kasi yan ng mga driver so no need to buy a new expensive unit.

Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Wala talagang kuwenta ang mga converted na sasakyan, the only converted vehicle that I would buy are trucks, binabalasubas lang kasi yan ng mga driver so no need to buy a new expensive unit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thanks sir crosswind !

layo na dn tinakbo ng revo nyo ah!

yeah, green/silver is one of Gen 2's original colors..

mine is originally galaxy blue/silver.. i just have it repainted to the current color (metallic silver/grey)..

heres my Pajero in its original color combination.
    Ang ganda sir ng stock na Pajero nyo mukhang brand new!!

Sayang stock looks pero thumbs UP parin ung new look
    Last edited by crosswind; June 30th, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast