Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    its just for city driving.
    ano kaya ok 2nd hand jazz,vios,city,accent or a b.new chevy spark 1.2 m/t

things to be considered:

F.C. and safety
    2. Parts and Maintenance
    3. Performance (ok lng if di maxadong mabilis basta kayangkaya kami e.transport from a to b) :D
    4. Space (max 4pax and my cute baby)
    5. Looks ( i don't really care sa looks as long as it performs at its best ok na ako dun)

Btw I have a very tight budget for this 2nd car kasi nag.iipon pa ako for our main car w/c is SUV for 2013.
    My budget would be 600k max,good for b.new spark 1.2 m/t.
    I prefer m/t, kakaantok kasi a/t.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Get one with a large trunk. Otherwise get a MPV or AUV-type of vehicle.

Infants travel with a stroller, sterilizer, purified water, pillows, etc. All take up space.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    suggest ko lang po sir.. mag adventure ka nalang diesel ,, easy ang maintenance matipid ang FC
    yung 600k modelong Gls sport or 2007 super sport na yun

or yung innova or revo maraming parts na available easy to maintain din
    kung may budget ka ng 600k mag auv/mvp ka nalang

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I suggest wait a little longer and then buy your SUV. How old is your baby? Sayang lang car kasi for sure hindi kayo magiging kumportable.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Spark has too little trunk space. The mini-car with the most trunk space right now is the i10, and even that has too little trunk space for a full-sized stroller (the kind which docks with a removable car seat.)

You have further problems with the car seat, actually... with mini-cars, the car seat will take up a lot of passenger space.

Most practical, from a cash-outlay, fuel economy and maintenance point of view, would be a secondhand 1.3 iDSi MT Honda City or a Vios. The City is preferable. It has more passenger space than the Vios, though it is also narrow, which means a baby car seat will take up a lot of space... It has a huge trunk, which can swallow the stroller, bottle bag, diaper bag and whatever else you need easily (Vios trunk is shallow and short). It also has incredible fuel economy. Just remember to get the manual transmission, to avoid headaches and the need for extra maintenance with the CVTF. CVTs are okay if well cared for, but most owners are unaware of the need to constantly change the fluid, and if they're not going to the dealership anymore, they may be using regular ATF, which will destroy the CVT.

You could go even further downmarket and get a cheaper, older secondhand compact, but the increase in fuel consumption would not make them quite as practical. With the City, at least, you can still get ultra-low running costs without having to put up with the smoke and hassle of an AUV.

If you can option up to an AUV, though... you'll be much more comfortable... just mind those ASBUs... ...and don't drive quickly in the rain... or anytime else, for that matter. No modern crash structure, no ABS.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^
    yow right w/that.
    kaya nga wala sa option ko ang auv.
    btw malapit na mag 1year baby ko hehehe.
    by next month dapat may 2ndcar na kami cause yung main car namin for now is the xwind sportivo kaso ayaw ko sa ride nun kaya sinauli ko nlng sa mama ko.
    hingi lng ako ng 600k para pang city car. maybe out na dun ang sparky but i love the looks of it esp. the headlights.
    now im leaning on city or vios w/c do you think is better?
    i think kasya nman stroller sa vios pero yung maliliit na styles hahaha.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *gecko guy
    my baby boy is already 11months way to go bday na nya next month.
    ang hirap mag commute,at tsaka mausok pa kaya we really need a car by next month.
    Btw di nman cguro sayang yung 2nd car nmin kasi most of the time mag.isa lng ako nag.grogrocery or kami lng ni misis,sinasami lng namin baby every time mg.shoshopping kami for our son yun lng.
    Yung SUV,the main purpose of it is for long distance trip,mas malaki at di lugi sa byahe dami pwede esama kaya sulit sa fc.hahaha
    Kung city driving lng ayaw ko mag SUV masikip daan dito tapos hirap e.park kasi ang laki at daming mga lokoloko pg.nagpark dito parang may ari ayaw magbigay ng space tsktsk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *cnx: Congrats on your baby! I know what you mean by really needing a second car (this was our situation before but what we need then was an SUV coz everytime we go on long travels everybody is always stressed) so we got the SUV and decided to keep the car.
    "di nman cguro sayang yung 2nd car nmin kasi most of the time mag.isa lng ako nag.grogrocery or kami lng ni misis,sinasami lng namin baby every time mg.shoshopping kami for our son yun lng."------ eto din sabi ko noon, pero habang tumatagal napansin ko na di na kami umaalis ng bahay na di kasama mga kids so talagang di nagagamit yung car at pang-display na lang.
    Suggest ko na lang if you have 600K then get a 2nd hand FD or what niky suggested a city or a vios. They have space, FC is not totally economical but tolerable. HTH

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ayaw mo ng carens?? can seat 7 pax... large trunk...

kung SUV naman 5 seater lang din yan parang kotse...

ako adventure na lang kinuha ko for my family... ayaw din naman ni misis na mabilis tumakbo eh... pag yung carens ang gamit namin kinakabahan si misis pag nag accelerate yung carens.. sa adventure wala siyang kaba kasi 60 lang takbo sa highway hehehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    mpv's are your best bet. since most of them are diesel fed, already refined compared sa mga pajero and patrol dati, hindi alangan if you drive alone or just with your wife (starex, hi-ace).

carens or innova for me . personally, i would consider a 2002-2005 toyota previa. you can get those siguro around 450-550 depends ofcourse sa condition. i once borrowed 2004 unit from my unce and took my family of 4 sa batangas and i fell for it. especially my baby boy enjoying he space, refinement inside. donwside is walang diesel version. city driving siguro 5-6 km/l. sa hi-way , i managed to get 9-10 km/l natraffic lang ako sa alabang to bicutan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2nd car good for 4 pax and a baby?