New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Is it worth it?

Nope. Stick with the 4x2 variant and go put the funds into "home renovation"

Not sure po Sir jhnkvn kung ang thread starter po sa topic na ito ay nagtatanong lang po about the difference between the 4x2 and 4x4? or asking a good advice?!

dito naman po sa forums ay kanya-kanya po opinion..at least makapag bigay po ng good reply sa pro and cons, para ma-enlighten po ang isang nagtatanong (Y)

quite OT po yung "home-renovation" 700% agree po!! hehehe appraisal value!! lalo kung home renovation/interior design sa real-estate.....hehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    maraming mysterious pot-hole sa kalsada, once na nahulog po kayo sa pot-hole at nabalahaw na ang sasakyan + flooded situation..dyan na po papasok ang 4wd.
    Like yebo said: U-Turn.

I detailed this here, in a flood survival guide I wrote for Kotse back before I moved to TGP:

Survival Guide: Driving Through Floods 101
    Step Two: Know your enemy
    When faced with a flooded roadway, ask yourself the following questions: (1) How deep is the water? (2) Where are the gutters and open manholes? (3) How far it is to dry ground? (4) Is the current is strong enough to carry you over the edge of the road? and (5) Where are the edges of the road?

If you can’t answer even one of these questions, then why risk it? Choose your battles wisely. Whenever possible, find an alternate route, preferably one leading to higher ground or the nearest multi-storey car-park.
    The minute you find yourself on an unfamiliar street, where you can't see the edges of the road, the potholes or how deep the water is, turn around.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    By the time you purchase the car, if you do not plan on even using the 4x4 function, then don't buy. It'll just be a waste of money. 4x2 is lighter and therefore faster and more fuel efficient than the more burdened 4x4 variant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    no, if you drive mostly in the city then no need for 4x4...spend the 200-300k price difference to modifications or as jhnkvn said, renovations ;)

i bought a 4x4 but i seldom use it. even in the most rugged places that i went to in the provinces, 4x2 drive is more than capable. minsan nakalampas na ako sa rough road or steep climb saka ko lang maalala bakit di pala ako nag 4x4 drive ininvest ko na lang sana sa performance mod, alloy wheels and tires saka bling-blings yung price difference pogi pa sana Montero ko...its a waste of money talaga ;)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sir jaymd.

250K-300K price between 4x4 and 4x2?
    Yes, it is 250k to 300k difference if you are comparing an AT GLSV 4x2 and a GTV/ Fort 4x2 AT and Fort 3.0V (4x4).

I'd say depends on needs, pag city to light moderate off road driving 4x2 should be enough. Kung pang bundok (talagang offroad), 4x4 it is. But I'll get a pick up truck not an SUV.
    Last edited by boytsiks; March 8th, 2014 at 03:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    baka mag 4x2 na lang ako.... laki din price difference e. ty guys. leaning towards the fort.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir di ba sa fort, un 3.0 lang ang 4x4? Ayaw niyo nun 3.0 D4D?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Sir di ba sa fort, un 3.0 lang ang 4x4? Ayaw niyo nun 3.0 D4D?
    alam ko 3.0V is full time 4x4 yun 2.5V is 2wd only. parehas ata sila D4D....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Curious lang sir, kng hindi naging factor un engine displacement sa pagpili between totl and lower variants.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    just a thought. the extra you pay for a totl fort is mas sulit? because of a bigger engine(3.0) with a 4x4 drivetrain so malamang ma outperform nya yun 2.5 4x2 version in all aspects except for the FC part. sa MS naman parehas lang sila ng engine with the gls-v and the GTV so malamang mas mabilis pa yun 4x2 na MS kaysa sa 4x4. yun lang mas marami features talaga yun GTV. sa fort naman is virtually identical yun 4x2 and 4x4 models pati sa interior. tsaka having driven the gtv, gls-v, 2.5G and 3.0V. yun pinakamabagal sa arangkada is yun GTV. ewan ko kung bakit mas responsive pa yun 102 hp na 2.5 non-vnt fort noon. baka dahil sa low rpm peak torque din. pero sa highway malamang gtv pinaka mabillis. yun 3.0V masarap ihataw talaga. pumipito pa. yun vnt 2.5L na fort may pito na din
    Last edited by jaymd; March 9th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast