New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys,

I did some reading but I dont think I've seen a thread like this.

Which if the 3 generations of CRVs is the best and why? Preferred comments from people who have owned/used at least 2 generations, but all other comments are welcome.

It would be nice if someone can give real world stats too...

I have a 2nd hand `01 AT gen1 crv
    Fuel efficiency:7-8km/l city

I've driven a 03 CRV 2.0 4x2 and I did notice a lack of power compared to the gen1. Maybe the body is really just heavier on the 2nd gen. For suspension I think they're sort of even. Comfort level, I think I feel like I have more room and control in the gen1. One slight dink I have for the 1gen is that the reverse feels weak and it really feels odd to me especially on inclines!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    of course gen3 crv will be better, more features and better creature comforts. i had a gen1 crv before and my brother has a gen2 4x4 crv, between the two i preferred the older gen1 crv.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    LoBudget, maybe it's your impression that the gen2 lacks power than the gen1. you haven't specified if the gen2 you've driven is stickshift or slushbox. but since you mentioned that your ride is a/t then, i believe you had a torquey powerplant.

anyways, maybe the gen1 has lesser accessories that of gen2 that is why. but i am impressed with gen2 CRV than the gen1.

that is just my thought.

CRV vs CRV