New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    so for hilux, suspension modification (like bilstein, toughdog etc.) is a must?

i wonder why toyota didn't address this issue of tagtag in this new model? i doubt if they are not aware of it.
    Yes!

I guess they wanted to be on the other side of the fence since abroad, they are really taking the word "utility" seriously.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006

i wonder why toyota didn't address this issue of tagtag in this new model? i doubt if they are not aware of it.

Maybe Toyota thought that pickup trucks should be that way. If you want a comfortable ride, they want you to buy a Camry or a RAV4.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012

new hilux roccos in Thailand have revised suspensions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Its NOT a must as ride quality is highly subjective. PU trucks here in the Philippines are delegated “sedan” duties almost 90% of the time by its owners and not what its supposed to do. Utility. Try loading 500-600kg up in the new Navarra and you will understand the suspension setup of the Hilux. If you are in the market for a new family vehicle or personal car (that will not see hauling), the Hilux is not for you. Abroad (Australia, Africa, SA, etc,) pickups are mostly for utility (Farming, mining, hauling, etc). Here in the PI, we dress them up and used as regular car. And then we complain about their suspension...😂

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Its NOT a must as ride quality is highly subjective. PU trucks here in the Philippines are delegated “sedan” duties almost 90% of the time by its owners and not what its supposed to do. Utility. Try loading 500-600kg up in the new Navarra and you will understand the suspension setup of the Hilux. If you are in the market for a new family vehicle or personal car (that will not see hauling), the Hilux is not for you. Abroad (Australia, Africa, SA, etc,) pickups are mostly for utility (Farming, mining, hauling, etc). Here in the PI, we dress them up and used as regular car. And then we complain about their suspension...2018 Toyota Hilux G 4x4 MT vs 2018 Nissan NP300 VL 4x4 MT
    +1000 on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Its NOT a must as ride quality is highly subjective. PU trucks here in the Philippines are delegated “sedan” duties almost 90% of the time by its owners and not what its supposed to do. Utility. Try loading 500-600kg up in the new Navarra and you will understand the suspension setup of the Hilux. If you are in the market for a new family vehicle or personal car (that will not see hauling), the Hilux is not for you. Abroad (Australia, Africa, SA, etc,) pickups are mostly for utility (Farming, mining, hauling, etc). Here in the PI, we dress them up and used as regular car. And then we complain about their suspension...😂
    and, they are long and not easy to park.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Only bought for their infamous road presence...

Just kidding. 😂

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ford Ranger Raptor ... ticks almost all the boxes ...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For someone like me who has no need for the hauling capabilities of a pickup, it is like buying half an SUV with a long, topless trunk attached to the rear. 2018 Toyota Hilux G 4x4 MT vs 2018 Nissan NP300 VL 4x4 MT Some people find pickups attractive, but I personally find them impractical for city driving, and have deterred my father from getting one on several occasions. I honestly find the base model 15 seater FB body variant one of the most practical vehicles ever made. Now if they could do the same with the top variant a la LC70 troop carrier plus the zero tax on pickups, that would be a very different story for me...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Also averse to purchasing a pickup ... but then the Ford Ranger Raptor came along ... wonder if they would consider making a Ford Everest Raptor ...

Also because of the new tax scheme ... one might want to start considering a pickup ... it's deisel, high ground clearance and tax free ... hard to beat ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast