New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It’s the CVTF change at 40k actual mileage which is going to be expensive but you can have it done outside the casa so that it will be cheaper. It will cost you around 9-10k outside.

Since you are out of warranty already, you can have your PMS done in Subie-dedicated auto shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! Is that so? 9-10k is not bad.

If it’s not too much, can you suggest a Subie-dedicated auto shop preferably in the south? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Your utmost consideration in choosing a car for your wife and kid should be SAFETY
    Yup! Agree. That’s why I’m leaning towards keeping the XV. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    And a Subie is among the best in the world in terms of auto safety.
    I definitely agree

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    auto safety isn't cheap.
    i would probably keep the subie in lieu of purchasing another car.
    that is, until we get tired of maintaining it.
    Maintenance was the only thing that swayed me to consider a different option. But based on most feedbacks, it’s wiser to keep the subie. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    hmmm... the Celerio is basically free... so if you keep the XV, only cost added is parking.

And wife needs a car.
    Yup! Will most probably keep the subies with added cost on parking. May forego the Celerio as the company is giving a better car. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    Thanks bro! Actually, your point on the safety side is also one of my key concerns, hence, my hesitation to let go of my XV.
    The celerio is not an unsafe car. 4 stars sa ancap vs 5 ng xv. So the xv is safer but the celerio is not unsafe-far from it! Considering the usage, city driving mostly in slow moving traffic, i cannot think of a single scenario where your wife and child would be in life threatening danger in a 4-star car with a defensive driver at the helm...unless reckless driver misis mo o may kalabang reckless, kahit anong safe ng vehicle nakamamatay pa din. The celerio scores perfect sa ancap for side impact. Sa frontal offset, xv is 7.6% better.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    auto safety isn't cheap.
    Just like a diamond ring

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    The celerio is not an unsafe car. 4 stars sa ancap vs 5 ng xv. So the xv is safer but the celerio is not unsafe-far from it! Considering the usage, city driving mostly in slow moving traffic, i cannot think of a single scenario where your wife and child would be in life threatening danger in a 4-star car with a defensive driver at the helm...unless reckless driver misis mo o may kalabang reckless, kahit anong safe ng vehicle nakamamatay pa din. The celerio scores perfect sa ancap for side impact. Sa frontal offset, xv is 7.6% better.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Actually, I read all the reviews about the Celerio & I concur that it does have a 4-star rating at ancap which is the reason why I shortlisted it (along with it’s excellent fuel efficiency).

I cannot gauge the driving skills of my wife yet as she’ll just be enrolling in a driving school. She said she used to drive in the province during her teens, but that’s eons ago.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup! Will most probably keep the subies with added cost on parking. May forego the Celerio as the company is giving a better car. Thanks!
    Might I ask what car the company is providing?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wow! Is that so? 9-10k is not bad.

If it’s not too much, can you suggest a Subie-dedicated auto shop preferably in the south? Thanks in advance!
    You can go to Quickstart Performance in Sucat or Bridgestone Center in Commerce Avenue. Customer Cradle in Alabang-Zapote road also caters to Subie vehicles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast