New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Good day. I will be replacing my 2009 Montero Sport 3.2 GLS SE 4x4 by December this year. My choices are all top of the line; the 2018 Chevy Trailblazer 2.8 Z71 4x4, 2017 Ford Everest 3.2 4x4 Premium and the 2017 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.4 GT 4x4. Which among the 3 SUV's can you recommend? What are their pros and cons? Any input will be appreciated. Thank you and more power.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Trailblazer
    Pros: has the most powerful engine, macho look
    Cons: oldest design among the three

Everest
    Pros: great car overall, soft steering, nice ride, macho look
    Cons: ford reliability issues

Montero
    Pros: the only japanese brand among the three ("more reliable"), great car overall, nice ride, futuristic front
    Cons: ugly rear

Your decision will be clearer after a test drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babybackrivs View Post
    Trailblazer
    Pros: has the most powerful engine, macho look
    Cons: oldest design among the three

Everest
    Pros: great car overall, soft steering, nice ride, macho look
    Cons: ford reliability issues

Montero
    Pros: the only japanese brand among the three ("more reliable"), great car overall, nice ride, futuristic front
    Cons: ugly rear

Your decision will be clearer after a test drive

tbz has eps and superior nvh(not needing active noise cancellation?)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Trailblazer LTZ still doesn't have side and curtain airbags.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Among your choices...

Everest - very good features and the premium interior but the heaviest of 3 and those notorious ford casas can be hard to deal with
    Trailblazer - has a powerful engine with good power to weight ratio but the oldest model of the 3 wc shares platform with the mu-x
    Montero - has the most comfortable suspension setup but worst interior space of the 3 and has weird tail lights

Btw, can we know why the fortuner is not on your list? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Among your choices...

Everest - very good features and the premium interior but the heaviest of 3 and those notorious ford casas can be hard to deal with
    Trailblazer - has a powerful engine with good power to weight ratio but the oldest model of the 3 wc shares platform with the mu-x
    Montero - has the most comfortable suspension setup but worst interior space of the 3 and has weird tail lights

My father has 2 Fortuners already sir. Its a great SUV but its just that the 3 SUV's mentioned above are my top choices.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... ... ... ... ...

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    The everest and montero (both Totl) were my top two choices last year. Ended up with the eve. Did you get a chance to test drive both? If not, please do so and do it more than once.

Deciding factor for me is the interior quality. Badtrip lang sa eve eh sobrang high tech nya pero di pa push start lol. But everything else feels more premium than the montero.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Among your choices...

Totally agree with montero and interior space. Its cramped feeling.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yecherchong View Post
    Totally agree with montero and interior space. Its cramped feeling.

Yeah, kudos to mitsubishi for retaining the same width of the prev. gen monty to the new model. The y were not able to address this issue at all. If space is one of your main concerns, you might not be satisfied with the montero.

2018 Chevrolet Trailblazer vs. 2017 Ford Everest 3.2 4x4 Premium vs. 2017 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.4 GT 4x4