New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... because it is a big, lumbering truck ...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    dont replace your SF with Pajero. I have both. own both. if you want comfort on MWF and truck ride on TTHS.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    LC200 for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Santa Fe sets a high bar for comfort and performance. Kung performance ang habol, Pajero ako, with its updated engine. Diesel Prado is too expensive for basically a glorified Fortuner IMHO. Diesel Patrol is too old...

Don't wanna go all out and get the LC200?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I wish I could go for the LC200 but its way off the budget already. The Prado was an initial choice but I really don't understand why its priced so high and mighty and almost next to LC200 already. And I don't like their light beige interior also.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Allow me to post a wildcard bet.

212 Mercedes Benz ml35 cdi amg | *******
    Tempting.... but I wonder how would this baby fare in after sales and maintenance. I might not be even entertained to even look at it if it were in the showroom.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about a Euro option? The VW Touareg is a bargain for its price considering it is a similar vehicle to the Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne TDI. The V6 TDI will give you more than enough grunt for some spirited driving.
    Sorry forgot to mention that I still prefer 7 seaters even if I won't need the extra seats here and now but it would be nice to have them as well. Also, how is the maintenance of euro cars these days? im worried that if needed, I might have to bring it to a mechanic outside case who might not be familiar with them...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    dont replace your SF with Pajero. I have both. own both. if you want comfort on MWF and truck ride on TTHS.
    Not keen on selling the Santa Fe yet. Although Im not expecting the same comfort and performance from the 3, Im hoping I would feel the value what I am getting for since its twice the price of my current ride already. And I plan to keep this vehicle long and after the Santa Fe might already been sold.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention that I still prefer 7 seaters even if I won't need the extra seats here and now but it would be nice to have them as well. Also, how is the maintenance of euro cars these days? im worried that if needed, I might have to bring it to a mechanic outside case who might not be familiar with them...
    VW-PH follows a 15k KM or 12-month PMS cycle for oil change and other stuff. There is a free checkup every 7500 km or 6 months in between the prescribed PMS period. Despite sharing the platform with the Q7 and Cayenne TDI, I bet VW parts will be cheaper compared to Audi and Porsche.

Visit VW BGC just to check out the Touareg. The last time I heard they were offering a hefty discount on it, bringing the price down to around 3.8M.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    I wish I could go for the LC200 but its way off the budget already. The Prado was an initial choice but I really don't understand why its priced so high and mighty and almost next to LC200 already. And I don't like their light beige interior also.
    I see. Not considering a 2nd hand LC200?

IMHO the Prado is a good car, but not worth that much, especially now that the Fortuner has a superior engine versus it's old 1KD. Heck, it might even be smoked by a new diesel Innova, that costs a third of its price. The horror! 😂

Personally, I would not go for a Euro SUV if it is gonna be a daily driver. This might be a very old school way of thinking, but parts cost and availability, mechanic familiarity as well as sparse dealer network are very valid problems especially for someone who hates going to the casa (like me).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I see. Not considering a 2nd hand LC200?

IMHO the Prado is a good car, but not worth that much, especially now that the Fortuner has a superior engine versus it's old 1KD. Heck, it might even be smoked by a new diesel Innova, that costs a third of its price. The horror! 😂

Personally, I would not go for a Euro SUV if it is gonna be a daily driver. This might be a very old school way of thinking, but parts cost and availability, mechanic familiarity as well as sparse dealer network are very valid problems especially for someone who hates going to the casa (like me).

I saw a recent fb page with a grey market importer offer a new Prado with the new 2.8 engine and more livable interior. It just costs more the LC200 Platinum. As always they offer better features than the local ones. I might consider a 2nd hand LC200 if a friend offers his, its only a sunday car with less than 5000km on the odo. Catch is its a 2013 model.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast