New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinator View Post
    Thanks jut703. Glad to see you again btw. I was active here before when I was deciding on our first car which we ended up with the Lancer hehe.

The monterosport's rear doesn't bother me much to the point that I'm dropping it on our options. It looks ok in the day but at night the tail lights looks like sperm cell to me.

As a followup question. In terms of safety between the two, is there a detailed comparison? (ie. #airbags, abs, collision prevention, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NCAP
    5 star monty
    4.5 star Innova

Si TS ata Innova kinuha. But kung totoo nga mag mamahal nanaman ang Innova by Sept or Oct. Mag Monty ka nalang. 👍 Nag taas na sila ng 20k last march & by sept or oct mataas ulit sila ng 20k. 2016 Innova G PW mt di naman umabot ng 1.3M. ngaun 1.3 na

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The monterosport's rear doesn't bother me much to the point that I'm dropping it on our options. It looks ok in the day but at night the tail lights looks like sperm cell to me.

As a followup question. In terms of safety between the two, is there a detailed comparison? (ie. #airbags, abs, collision prevention, etc.).
    Airbags Innova has 3 including driver's knee, Montero 2

ABS standard for both models

Autonomous braking only for GT spec Montero. Afaik, only that and the Everest Titanium Premium+ have it in the segment.

Innova for interior space, convenient ingress egress, and the T badge. Montero for the additional ground clearance, if you're particular about labels (coz SUV lol), and if you can bear with the fugly rear.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for your response guys. Really appreciate it. The remaining thing would be the test drive monty. In paper it is quite close currently.

Yeah, a Toyota SA told me that they are just awaiting for a memo for price increase. I was told that it might be all across models due to forex. For Innova G it could be around 30-40k.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks jut703. Glad to see you again btw. I was active here before when I was deciding on our first car which we ended up with the Lancer hehe.

Congrats on the pending new car purchase bro. 👍

In terms of safety features - both are pretty much equal with the standard dual airbags and ABS.

Since the looks of the Montero aren't bothersome for you, it really boils down to what you prioritize more - image or comfort/space.

Noone will say, "Wow naka-Innova", but the Innova ticks all the right boxes when it comes to practicality.

The Montero is more expensive and more cramped, but more powerful and more macho. If you won't be ferrying 7 people very often, the space difference isn't as pronounced.

Have you tried both cars for a test drive or even just a showroom visit? Which one did you feel more "at home" with?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    So far I have driven the Innova G and really liked it specially the interior and space.

I'd like to give Montero a chance since I had good experience with mitsu brand.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Congrats on the pending new car purchase bro. 👍

In terms of safety features - both are pretty much equal with the standard dual airbags and ABS.

Since the looks of the Montero aren't bothersome for you, it really boils down to what you prioritize more - image or comfort/space.

Noone will say, "Wow naka-Innova", but the Innova ticks all the right boxes when it comes to practicality.

The Montero is more expensive and more cramped, but more powerful and more macho. If you won't be ferrying 7 people very often, the space difference isn't as pronounced.

Have you tried both cars for a test drive or even just a showroom visit? Which one did you feel more "at home" with?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Ang mura lang kasi ng previous Innova dati (671k base model) & the exterior design is not that attractive. But this current Innova is quite an appealing exterior. Some of my colleague kala nila SUV ang current Innova (lalo na yung mga nag palit ng tail light, RaV4 look alike). Ang dami thread na ganito sa ibang forum kahit they do not occupy the same vehicle segment.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for your response guys. Really appreciate it. The remaining thing would be the test drive monty. In paper it is quite close currently.

Yeah, a Toyota SA told me that they are just awaiting for a memo for price increase. I was told that it might be all across models due to forex. For Innova G it could be around 30-40k.

wow 40k? so ilan nalang ang price difference between monty and Innova G? Pag pearl white plus 15k pa yan hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    So far I have driven the Innova G and really liked it specially the interior and space.

I'd like to give Montero a chance since I had good experience with mitsu brand.

Test drive the Montero sir. It is more expensive but from my personal experience, the feel and user experience is very different. The seats (GLS Premium) are also very comfortable, new techs and gadgets are fun to use, and ride comfort is among the best in its class. It's not as cramped as you might think. It has ample of space for leg and head room (I'm almost 6 ft). If you are the type where driving experience matters, you may like the Montero.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Just inspected the montero in the flesh. Space-wise the difference with innova is not too far as I expected. We even managed to fit three petite adults, a toddler and a baby in the third row. I'm more inclined to take montero now (might consider to get the GLS Premium) although it's quite hard to get a test drive. We already went to three showrooms but they don't have test drive units.

The SA told me that it uses the same aircon unit as nissan already (calsonic). Can anyone comment if this is true? Is it definitely colder than previous models?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Just inspected the montero in the flesh. Space-wise the difference with innova is not too far as I expected. We even managed to fit three petite adults, a toddler and a baby in the third row. I'm more inclined to take montero now (might consider to get the GLS Premium) although it's quite hard to get a test drive. We already went to three showrooms but they don't have test drive units.

The SA told me that it uses the same aircon unit as nissan already (calsonic). Can anyone comment if this is true? Is it definitely colder than previous models?

I am not sure regarding whether it's the same aircon unit as nissan. But I can assure you it's really cold when it needs to. It has dual climate control (at least for the GLS Premium) and I've noticed its 24° is colder than our Fortuner. I would even turn it off at night because it feels really cold.

As to power, I don't know about Innova's but Montero has around 180HP. That's just on paper. But sa performance, I don't think Innova can outrun the Montero. Driver is a factor also. No Innova, or any other car, was able to outrun me yet except for a land cruiser and an explorer at speeds way faster than what is legal hehe (this is in the province po).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast