New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Need every opinion of gurus here (good or bad hehe).. any thought will be appreciated. :-)..

Actually were not in a hurry naman to get new car.. medyo umaabang lang before the excise tax effectivity on cars next year, which do not have specific time pa.. it will be used for long travel, suv will be an advantage pero not necessarily needed kase i have hilux naman if need mataas sasakyan..

I have test driven every diesel 2016 4x2 suv with a budget of 1.5 M and below.. weighing every suv features etc... montero gls, everest trend, fortuner G, and trailblazer 2015. All 4x2.

Im honestly not fan of Isuzu even they have this proven reliability and durability records..... But still i dont want to miss a thing so i head to isuzu dealer to test drive Isuzu Mux....To my biggest surprise, this Isuzu Mux limited 4x2 ls-a 2017 edition wows me in terms of value for money... as in for srp of 1.443 less 30k, you have everything..... cruise control, esc/ebd/tc/ba/airbags, smart entry push start, 8 incher entertainment w/10 incher roof mounted, 6 way driver power seat, leather seast, new mags, new 3.0 vgs smooth engine, 5 speed a/t sequential...very nice suspension, backup sensor and camera, etc....... SOBRANG SULIt talaga! Muntik na ako magbigay reservation for the garnet RED color..

Pero sabi ko babalikan ko ulit yung 2016 innova G ng pinsan ko para ma test drive and scrutinize ko ulit every inch of it, to refresh my memory to make my final verdict..

so its like a battle between the innova G 2.8 a/t & isuzu mux 2017 4x2.

Sa bahay ng pinsan ko,the moment im backing up the 2016 innova out their garage, napa smile agad ako.. natawa ako sa sarili ko.. this mpv is really special.. the seating position, drivers view, all around visibility, the pedals and steering feel which suited for small asian person like me, the luxury feel inside etc.. while driving i cant stop smiling again, even ive driven this innova before... accelerations really good pero medyo maingay engine when press hard, and the nvh not so good when car is moving because maybe of the small tire. Despite of that i really enjoyed and loved it..

Unlike when i test drive the listed suv, even the 2017 isuzu mux, its like well its good, nice suspension, powerful, blah blah blah... but when i get back to my car, the feeling is almost the same.. But with the innova, this car is different and better animal from what ive used to.

I know this innova is not comparable to ppv suv, still its almost capable of what 4x2 suv can do with the limitation on flood wading and traversing rocky rough road.. Well, we will use the car mostly on pavement.

Please help... Innova won if ill follow my heart.. but we have grand starex if ferrying people is priority so 4x2 suv especially the MUX is a more practical option with its features and everything... If we dont have the starex, Innova wins easily.. now i need to balance everything... from looks, to features, to fun to drive, to everything... my mom and wifey prefers the innova, me & my dad want the stance of suv....

Ps. I love eveything about the innova V except for the captain seats, so i scratch it.

Tnx tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    the person who will be driving 90% of the time gets to have the final say. pick the vehicle that is more comfortable and enjoyable for you in everyday driving and long trips.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since you already have a Grand Starex, I'd suggest you get the MUX. Higher ground clearance and better off road and flood wading capabilities are the clinchers here. Then there's the much hyped excellent fuel efficiency too.

But then that's me. Looks like you're already set on the Innova. If that's the one you really want then go for it! Flood wading and off road capabilities are actually not far off from a typical 4x2 Hilux or Fortuner given that they use the same platform. Just change to bigger tires for higher ride height.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Follow your heart sir Parang walang sisihan sa huli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Hmm.. It looks to me that you are validating to us if getting Innova is a right choice. Also, it seems budget is not a problem.

As what GTi said, go with which car appeals to you. End of the day, it is you who will appreciate.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Isuzu owner na ko hehehe dati toyota. I gotta say you can't really go wrong with either choice. Get the one you feel most comfortable driving lalo na lumalala traffic you'll be spending much time on the road.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    mom and wifey prefers the innova... tapos na pala sir usapan eh. hahah

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Expect that your dad would comment..

"Eh kasi sinabi sa inyo magMUX na lang kayo" while he is comfortably sitting at the back!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Bottomline - follow your heart. [emoji1303]

If you like the Innova more, even if the MUX is more apt considering you have a Starex and Hilux, then get the Innova.

No matter how feature-packed the MUX is, it still feels very very cheap inside. Even the bare Fortuner G still feels more upscale. This is something that keyboard warriors and armchair experts who haven't driven the cars in question miss out.

That said, if you can live with the cheap interior of the MUX, it's really a well-thought of package. Good engine, good features, acceptable exterior looks, all at a really competitive price.

The Innova on the other hand is still more comfortable with a classier interior and cheaper price. You miss out on the macho SUV stance, but you get a better ride without sacrificing durability.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Tnx everyone... We have decided that we wil get na lang the V variant (pearl white) for the added 7 airbags safety features, push start, stability control etc.. para katapat na rin halos ng offer ng MUX, features wise...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast