New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Both diesels are priced close to each other but have decidedly different approaches on specs. The Kia gets a proven, more powerful engine (2.0L, 182 HP, 402 Nm) while the Honda has better diesel mileage (1.6L, 120 HP, 300 Nm) and is its first diesel local offering. The Kia has AWD while the Honda is FWD only. The Sportage is a 5-seater only while the CR-V has a foldable third row of seats.

The Kia is a TOTL while the Honda is the mid-level variant and the features do reflect this. The GT Line gets a panoramic sunroof, cruise control, power liftgate, and 19-inch wheels which the S Diesel doesn't have. Curiously though, the CR-V gets an integrated touchscreen head unit (with smartphone integration and navi) while the Sportage is still on an old school double din.

Price:

• Honda CR-V S Diesel - ₱1,759,000
    • Kia Sportage GT Line - ₱1,795,000

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Even if there were no Honda CR-V diesels ... no one is and was buying the Kia Sportage... have not seen one on the road ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Either car is good. Pluses to Honda for 7 seats & gadgetry. Of course their diesel engine is still not proven in the country. Choice will depend on where your prejudices lie.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mas inaatupag pa ng Kia dito ang basketball kaysa magbenta ng car . besides monopoly na nila ang lahat ng police vehicles nationwide bat pa sila magbebenta nyan

Imagine yun Mahindra na police car binenta nila ng 1.8M each nun time ni Pnoy, Talo pa lahat ng PPV at CUV sa pricIng lol

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Even if there were no Honda CR-V diesels ... no one is and was buying the Kia Sportage... have not seen one on the road ...
    I have encountered a few in the expressways. They are quick for a CUV, lots of pull on short bursts though not as quick as the FXT.

Its looks is not everybody but it has a more sporty look than the CRV. If I were to choose between the two, I'd go with the Sportage. If I needed to carry 7 people on a diesel vehicle, I'd go with an MPV.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I actually like the more edgy look of the Sportage. I also feel its less of a stalk-magnet for carnapppers and carjackers compared to PPV's.

Btw, the Sportage's R-series CRDi can be tuned to go over 200hp but I'm not sure whether there are capable tuners in Manila.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Between the 2..Honda CRV all the way. Built wise,quality wise Japan technology is far better than Korean Technology.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre829 View Post
    Between the 2..Honda CRV all the way. Built wise,quality wise Japan technology is far better than Korean Technology.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Same with this one, crv ako ayaw ko din ng gawang korean, sa gawang hapon padin. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Is the CR-V S diesel made in Japan? The Sportage is confirmed to be made in Korea.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Is the CR-V S diesel made in Japan? The Sportage is confirmed to be made in Korea.

The diesel engines on the new CRV are made by Honda India.

Honda India to make new 1.6L diesel engine for Philippines-spec CR-V, export to Thailand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast