New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsaberx View Post
    Salamat sa repsonse mga sirs. Halos lahat CRV, will wait for more inputs.

Got this feeling that this will be a tough decision to make. My head is telling me to get the CRV but my heart beats the Monty. haha.

I'm really planning this purchase carefully as I intend to keep the car for 10yrs minimum.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    heart is a filter to a decision... head makes the final decision..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    heart is a filter to a decision... head makes the final decision..
    Lalabas ka lang para magbigay ng salawikain.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    You say daily driver? You better get CR-V sir. Getting in & out of the Monty is like pain in the ass you're always obliged to use the stepboard sobrang taas kasi ng ground clearance. Besides, you're an original Honda lover, you will feel at home with CR-V almost instantly.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    With these, what would be the wiser choice?
    Never decide solely by specs and features. Always test drive, test drive, test drive.... Mapapadali ang desisyon mo, pramis.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Im on similar predicament but im god with crv 2.0 S cvt gas variant. The creature comfort and features appeal to me. I dont mine the carry over of sort engine. Its that vs the monty sport gls premium. Saw Crv 2.0 gas at honda shaw. Love the almost full on features. The 2nd row is also much roomy than the crv with 3 row seats. I dont realky need the third row. Ive not a chance to inspect monty gls premium. Hope to do that this coming long weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Salamat sa repsonse mga sirs. Halos lahat CRV, will wait for more inputs.

Got this feeling that this will be a tough decision to make. My head is telling me to get the CRV but my heart beats the Monty. haha.

I'm really planning this purchase carefully as I intend to keep the car for 10yrs minimum.

and to add pareho sila mukang AuV wagon than SUV so mas mahirap mag-decide

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Guys, I need some insights on these cars. I'm currently in the process of selecting a bigger car in replacement of my current Honda City 2013.

I was initially inclined in getting the Montero but then the diesel CR-V was announced making me think twice on what to get now. I know these 2 cars are of different segment but they are almost priced at the same range.

As much as I loved the City, I have already outgrown it and saw its limitations. It is a great car taking myself to office and back home but found lacking when it comes to out of town trips taking 5+ person thus the search for a bigger car.

I'll be using the bigger car as a daily driver to/from the office with occasional/once a month out of town trips.

Here are the reasons why I considered both cars:

Montero GLS
    + Ground clearance (for flood, rocky roads)
    + Design
    + Engine power (not sure how CRV will compare with the 120PS/300 torque but much lighter gross weight)
    + New features (Push start ignition, dual climate control, navigation/gps, larger multimedia display, etc)

CR-V 1.6 V
    + Brand (positive experience with Honda)
    + Space (roomier than the Monty)
    + Security (ex. Hill start assist, Vehicle stability assist)
    + lots of holders (ex. Cups, bottles, other things)

With these, what would be the wiser choice?

Thanks!
    Go get Monty sir. Lahat ng sinabi.mong safety features meron sa premium pag ayaw mo ng totl Monty. 5 pax sa 1.6 liter na makina? Iba pa rin ang mas malaki.
    My experience was when cruising ahead vertical blind curve, 2 ten wheelers sa harapan isang grandia at isang adventure. Loaded, pero nong inapakan ko ng todo ewan ko hindi ko ma explain ang tulin, talagang hindi ka mabibitin. Safe na nakabawi sa kanan bago ang curve.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketib View Post
    Go get Monty sir. Lahat ng sinabi.mong safety features meron sa premium pag ayaw mo ng totl Monty. 5 pax sa 1.6 liter na makina? Iba pa rin ang mas malaki.
    My experience was when cruising ahead vertical blind curve, 2 ten wheelers sa harapan isang grandia at isang adventure. Loaded, pero nong inapakan ko ng todo ewan ko hindi ko ma explain ang tulin, talagang hindi ka mabibitin. Safe na nakabawi sa kanan bago ang curve.
    Out of the budget range na ang Premium sir, ~200k difference to the Standard.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Went to the dealer to check out the 2017 Civic and the Cr-v caught my fancy. It has better seats and space than the monter and bigger cabin as well.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How is the CRV roomier than the Montero?

(Not a snide remark, I am genuinely curious.)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast