New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    The Fortuner uses timing belt for a quieter engine where in you have to replace on it's 150k kms.
    The Mu-x PMS is cheaper than the Fortuner. I was shocked when I brought my MU-X 3.0 for it's 1k PMS it is way cheaper than my Trooper with a 4jx1 engine. The build quality of the interior of the Mux looks cheap with hard plastics everywhere
    Fit and finish of the new Fortuner is much better than the Mu-x but all hard plastic. Has anyone noticed that? Even the top of the dash seems like hard plastic.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    The fortuner would have been ok except for that rip off of a rear brake (drums ) !!! I believe they're the only ones in that category that still use drum brakes for the rear.

Well to each his own... If you can find in Australia a conversion kit for that, so much the better.

But for now, my vote goes to the Mu-X

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Fortuner pa rin ako at least ndi ka hirap sa acqusition ng spare parts and good resale value unlike ng isuzu na napakamahal ng spare parts nya and its scarsity ng parts in which casa lang ang meron.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi,

Why do you think the MU-x more "for keeps" than the Fortuner?

Timing chain na rin yata ang Fortuner...
    I'll give the slight win to Mux if for keeps due engine reliability. We all know isuzu engines when it comes to diesels.

The fortuner will give you a leverage if you plan to sell it 5-10years from now due to

1. All new car vs. Aging Mux, most probably facelift pa lang ang fortuners nun still by that time youre selling it. MuX, I think next year or 2018 lalabas na ang All new Trail/MuX. So maluluma na tuluyan ang MuX.

2. Toyota resale value advantage. Thats a given.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Tell that to those with who had the Isuzu 4JX1 engine.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ Tell that to those with who had the Isuzu 4JX1 engine.
    It was only the Skyroof edition Troopers sold from 2003-2005 which is euro 3 compliant. I have a 2001 and 2002 4jx1 trooper never had a problem w/ the injectors. Maselan sa fuel and maintainance ang 4jx1 here and abroad it has a lot of bad reviews

7. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Mux kana, balance lang lahat. Haha
    May looks at pang matagalan.

Sent from my GT200 S using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Not sure I understand this part:

"I really love the low-down torque of the 4JJ1 motor"

Care to elaborate this part? Thanks
    Sorry, what I meant was you do not need to rev the motor much to get the vehicle moving from stand-still. This is evident for city driving and out of town trips wherein you'll encounter steep hills especially if the vehicle is loaded.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Mu-x dahil matibay,matipid,malakas,maporma at mas mura. Di ka talaga lugi at magsisisi.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Mu-X dahil value for money. Ang laki ng Fort pero pag nasa loob ka na parang mas maluwag pa yung Mux. Don't worry about hard plastics...they won't deteriorate under our harsh tropical sun. This is purely subjective but I like the subtle looks of the Mux over the Fort na parang nakakasawa. As to power and speed, parehong ayos naman sila. You wouldn't and shouldn't use it for racing anyway.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast